Our moment.

Areum woke with a gasp, beads of sweat lining her forehead, her sudden return to consciousness caused Gilseop to flinch in the corner of the room.

"Areum." Gilseop rushed to her side, the book he was reading falling to the floor and Areum looked around in a daze, her father wrapping his arm around her to try and calm her. 

"You're okay." Areum breathed when she finally came to her senses, smiling softly at her father, noticing his bloodshot eyes. 

Gilseop was on the verge of lecturing Areum on her stupidity, but she spoke first, "Yoori?" She whispered, her voice barely audible, she had never been more afraid of an answer in her life. 

"She's okay." Gilseop quickly answered,  rubbing Areum's back soothingly. "No, she's not." Areum quivered. They never made it to the hospital, Yoori didn't get a new pump. 

Gilseop furrowed his brows and looked at Areum in confusion, he was about to speak but Areum beat him to it again, "Jisu?" 

Gilseop was dumbfounded that Areum had bounced back so quickly from her confused state, but what he didn't know was the unbelievable amount of pressure she had weighing down on her shoulders. "She's okay, the surgery went well." He stuttered causing Areum to smile brightly at her father, gently pushing his shoulders so that he would sit next to her. 

Gilseop looked at her smile in awe, it was like the first drops of rain after a deadly drought and Areum grasped the opportunity to use his confusion against him and dashed away. "Areum! You need to rest!" Gilseop barked, reaching out for Areum's ankle but she was too fast and a pop in his hip stopped him as he groaned. 

Areum jumped away from Gilseop's grasp and he glared at her through his half-moon spectacles, no one had ever challenged Gilseop as much as Areum, but it reminded him of his wife, and although that frustrated him, it made him proud.

Areum grabbed his book and placed it slightly in front of him, far enough that she was just out of grabbing range, "Here." She offered the book as an apology for leaving so quickly. 

Gilseop's hearty laugh filled the room as he picked up his book, opening it on the place he had left off, his sudden giddiness causing Areum to cock an eyebrow at her father in worry. 

Was the old man losing his mind? It wasn't far from a possibility.

"Go on then." He spoke, not looking up from his book. "Just make sure you're back before dinner." He smiled, pushing up his glasses as he let the pages of his book engulf his attention. 

Areum smiled at her father, one of the only people in the world that knew how to handle her. 

The bruised girl scrambled to the door leading to the underground parking, completely oblivious to the astounded stares she was receiving from everyone. She looked worse for wear with small cuts painting her arms and navy blue bruises powdering her knees, so how was she walking around already? 

Areum knew Yoori always kept a spare pump in her car, she just needed to get it without dying,  or worse, getting hurt again. Areum would rather die now than have everyone worry about her again.

She swung the heavy and rusted metal door open only for it to be slammed shut by a large hand, the loud bang racing against the tiles. Areum jumped as strands of her hair floated back to the sides of her face. 

She looked up and a pair of soft eyes met hers and Areum gulped, her mind turning into a slushy of hearts and squeals. 

"Where are you going?" Eunhyuk watched Areum intensely, making the girl squirm. "Nowhere." She mumbled, opening the door again in a hurry.