Chapter 15- Give Him a Chance

A/N: I sincerely apologize for the super long wait, but I hope you enjoy the chapter!

***Gajeel's p.o.v***

"Really?" Maylene asked Wendy and the others.

"Yeah, there was a whole Fairytail there too," Lucy answers.

"Woah," Maylene gasped.

"Yeah, Lucy was scary, Natsu was a wimp and Gajeel was a reporter!" Happy added from Maylene's lap.

"That's so cool! I didn't know there was another world like that, and I never would have guessed you guys came from there," Maylene said to them.

"Yeah, it was pretty cool!" Natsu smiled.

"Yes, it was surprising for all of us when we learned we were from Extalia," Carla comments.

"Just as surprising as learning you guys are called Exceeds," Wendy comments.

"Well, it's better than cats with wings," Gray comments.

Everyone laughed as Maylene smiled.

"You guys have gone on some cool adventures," Maylene muttered sadly.

"Don't worry Maylene, I'm sure you'll go on plenty of your own adventures," Happy says up to her.

Maylene smiles.

"Yeah, your right," Maylene agrees.

"Is everybody ready?" Erza asks, approaching the group.

"Yeah, I'm all fired up!" Natsu exclaims standing up.

"Then let's head out we have a mission to do," Erza says to the group.

"See ya Maylene," Natsu waves as he leaves.

"Bye Maylene, we'll see ya later," Happy says as he leaves Maylene's lap and flies after Natsu.

"Bye Maylene," Erza, Lucy, and Gray wave.

"Hey Maylene, maybe when we get back, you can come over to my dorm and we can hang out and do some crafts and stuff," Wendy whispers to her.

Maylene nods happily as she waves after them as they leave.

After they left, I took the opportunity to approach Maylene.

It's been about a week since Happy first interacted with Maylene. The guild took my advice and took it slow with her, and now Maylene is comfortable with the guild. She still gets a little jumpy when there's a fight or a lot of yelling, but she's not afraid to be approached anymore. In fact, she's comfortable even approaching the others herself. It all seems to be going well, except for one thing.

"Hey Snowball," I said as I approached her.

"Hi Gajeel!" Maylene exclaimed happily.

I smiled at her cheerful expression as I sat down next to her.

"Guess what Natsu and the others told me about! They told me about a place called Edolas, it's apparently a parallel world to ours!" Maylene exclaimed happily as she continued to tell me all that she learned from the others.

I chuckled patting her head, making her stop and look at me.

"Snowball, I know all about Edolas, I went there myself after all," I smiled.

She lit up at that. "You did?" She asked me excitedly.

"Gee-hee. Yup and I had my own adventure there too. That's where I met Lily after all," I answered.

"Oh wow! Can you tell me about it?" She asked me.

I smiled, "Sure thing Snowball, but there's something I want to talk to you about first."

She looked up at me curiously.

"I'm glad you're starting to interact with the guild and be comfortable around everybody, but... why are you still avoiding Laxus, Master, and the Thunder Legion?" I asked her.

Maylene widened her eyes before she lowered her head.

"Maylene-"

"I know you told me not to but-" Maylene argued, biting her lip.

I placed my hand on her head.

"What if dad was right about them?" Maylene mumbled.

"Have they ever given you any reason to think that?" I asked her.

"No..." she mumbled.

I chuckled as I leaned down, so I was at eye-level with her as Maylene looked up at me.

"I know he might seem a bit intimidating, and believe me he is, but that doesn't make him a bad person. That goes for the others as well. Just give him a chance," I said, referring to Laxus more than the others.

Maylene looked down before looking back up at me.

I smiled, patting her head as I sat up, "You'll never know until you find out for yourself."

Looking back up, I heard Maylene whisper, "Alright..."

A/N: Thank you all for the 2K and the 3K, plus the over 200 ⭐️'s!!! I'm so glad you all are enjoying this story so much!!!! Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and enjoy your day everyday!!!