Chapter 17- Missions and Nicknames

A/N: I'm back! Did you miss me?!?

Just so you know this chapter takes place directly after Chapter 16 after their talk. Anyway, enjoy the super long awaited chapter!

***Laxus's p.o.v***

I woke up to the sun hitting my face and something cool against my chest.

I looked down to see Maylene there, sound asleep against me. 

'Huh, I didn't realize that her body would be so much cooler because of her magic. It's nice and relaxing in the warm morning sun,' I thought as I relaxed against her.

As I pulled her closer, a soft purring noise erupted from my throat.

I widened my eyes. 'Did I- did I just purr? What the hell?!' I thought in shock of myself.

'Well, Gajeel did mention something like that might happen. I guess I'll have to get used to it,' I grumbled sweat dropping. 

Suddenly, Maylene stirred against me.

I looked down to see her eyes blink open.

"Laxus...?" Maylene questioned tiredly as she rubbed her eyes.

"Hey, you okay now?" I asked her.

Maylene nodded sadly.

I sat up to get ready for the day, but just as I was about to walk away from the bed, something grabbed my wrist.

I turned to see Maylene holding me back as her head was down, staring at the sheets.

"Laxus... thank you... for last night... thank you," she mumbled.

I smiled as I pat her head, making her look up at me.

"Anytime sis. Don't mention it," I said with a smile.

Maylene smiled back, making me blush a bit.

Turning away I said, "C'mon let's get ready for the day and head to the guild."

Maylene nodded with a smile.

***Timeskip***

"Ready to go Maylene?" I asked her as I put on my coat from the door.

"Coming!" Maylene responded as she hurried over.

I nodded as I opened the door and we headed off to the guild.

As we walked down the streets of Magnolia, I said to her, "So do you have anything planned for today?" I asked her.

She looked up at me before she shook her head, "No, nothing today. I think I'll just hang out at the guild."

I scratched the back of my head nervously and said, "Well, the Thunder Legion and I were planning on going on a mission today. So, if you wanted, you could come along as well."

Maylene looked up at me surprised, "You want me to come along?"

"Yeah, I know your strong since you took on that dragon all by yourself. So, this should be easy for you," I responded.

Maylene blushed at the compliment. "Ok, I would love to," Maylene answered.

"Alright May, let's go meet up with the others," I said to her.

Maylene stopped. "May?" She questioned.

I inwardly panicked, 'Shoot. Did she not like that?'

I turned to her as I blushed, scratching the back of my head nervously, "Yeah, well I'm not going to call you Maylene all the time. It's too long and I think May suits you better anyway."