Chapter 33 - Control

A/N: This hands down is probably one of my best pictures if not the best! I'm so proud of it and I hope you enjoy this amazing chapter!

***May's p.o.v***

"A mission request?" Laxus questioned as the rest of us looked over his shoulder at the mission.

"Yes, apparently there's a group of mercenaries causing trouble in Oak town. The client apparently thinks you guys are the best group capable of defeating them, so they requested the lot of you," Master answered calmly from his spot on the bar counter.

"Sounds easy enough, shall we get going Laxus?" Freed questioned.

"Yeah, let's get this done," Laxus agreed as he started to head out, the others following behind him.

I smiled. "Bye Grandpa! See you soon!" I waved as I bounced behind the others.

Gramps smiled sweetly as he waved back, "Take care dear! Come back safe!"

Little did I know... How differently this mission would turn out....

***Timeskip***

"Laxus..." Freed trailed off gripping the hilt of his sword.

"The client said they were last spotted near these ruins," Bickslow muttered.

"Yeah, everyone be on guard," Laxus muttered as Evergreen and I nodded getting defensive.

Suddenly, Laxus and I perked up.

"There here!" Laxus shouted.

We moved back to back as we got on the defensive before the ground suddenly glowed beneath us.

Before we could say or do anything the ground beneath us exploded sending us flying in different directions.

I sat up with a slight groan to see a man with wispy black hair approaching me.

"Now this," he smirked as he lit a blue flame in his hand.

"Is where the game really begins," he finished with a wicked smirk firing off his flames.

I jumped back and shot ice at him the moment my feet touched the ground to defend myself, but the flames were too strong as they didn't even halt for a second breaking through my ice.

I moved out of the way barely missing getting hit as the flames caught my sleeve.

I quickly put out the flames and dodged his next attacks as I glanced around.

Evergreen was fighting a woman who had the ability to turn her body into mist, Bickslow was fighting some kind of sorcerer guy with some white looking magic, Laxus was facing off a man who could turn his body into rubber and Freed was facing off against the blast mage.

A fire mage, a mist mage, a white mage, and a blast mage. This was no request.

'This was a trap!' We all thought in unison.

"Quick! Switch opponents!" Laxus yelled.

We quickly moved to intercept a different opponent, but when we went to attack my ice turned to water, Laxus's lightning turned back to hit the rubber mage, the mist grew thicker and Bickslow's magic was cancelled out.

"You didn't think we'd make it that easy, did you?" the blast mage muttered before he blasted us.

"I can heat up the air hot enough to melt your ice in an instant," the fire mage bragged.

"And the more you try to fight back the more moisture you put in the air to increase my magic," the mist mage grinned.

"I combined my rubber magic with a lightning rod magic so all your attacks will only hit me," the rubber mage smirked.