Chapter 34 - Reflection and Mystery

A/N: So, I couldn't think of a picture for this chapter so here's a gif instead! Anyway, sorry for the long wait and enjoy the chapter!

***Third-person p.o.v***

The guild doors opened making the guild gasp as Master Makarov ran over.

"What happened?" He asked.

Laxus looked down at May breathing heavily in his arms as his coat was wrapped around her.

"We don't- we don't know," Laxus answered sadly.

***Timeskip***    ***Laxus's p.o.v***

I had placed May in the infirmary as Wendy came over to help.

May had caught a fever on the way back home after what happened.

'What was that? Where did all that power come from? She was in so much pain. I'm sorry May. All that power- it must've hurt a lot,' I thought as I watched over her.

Wendy stopped. "I've lessened the fever a bit, but the rest she'll have to recover on her own. She should be fine after some rest," Wendy smiled at me.

"Was there anything else wrong?" I asked her.

Wendy looked at me questionably before she answered, "She's mostly just exhausted. She used an excessive amount of magic power, but no, nothing else. Why do you ask?"

I stared down at the floor in thought, 'May, what's going on?'

"Laxus," Gramps's voice cut through my thoughts.

"What's going on?" He said worry etching through his voice.

***Timeskip***

I sighed. "And that's what happened," I finished.

The guild was silent.

"Poor May," Happy piped up.

"She was probably scared," Happy finished sadly.

"I don't blame her," Lucy piped up too.

"To have a power like that just explode out of nowhere. I'm sure anyone would be scared," Erza finished.

"Gray darling, have you ever heard of ice like that?" Juvia asked him.

"No, I haven't. Ice that's impenetrable and unmeltable... it just doesn't seem possible," Gray muttered.

"But apparently it is," Bickslow muttered back.

"The whole thing sounds like Dragon Force to me," Natsu piped up causing everyone to turn to him.

"But that's not possible, is it?" Wendy asked.

"No. It isn't," Gajeel frowned.

"You can only activate Dragon Force when you gained complete control of your dragon magic. Losing control isn't possible," Gajeel explained.

"So it isn't Dragon Force?" Ever questioned.

"Well, I didn't say that," Gajeel stated.

"I think it's a combination of Dragon Force and some other additional power," Gajeel explained.

"Like a powered up Dragon Force?" Cana questioned.

"More like an evolved one," Mira explained.

"Dragon slayers get their magic from living dragons themselves, right? So do you think this might relate back to ice dragons themselves?" Freed asked gaining everyone's attention.

"Did Igneel or any of the other dragons talk about ice dragons?" Lisanna asked.

"Grandeeney didn't mention anything," Wendy answered.

"Neither did Metalicana," Gajeel agreed.

"Natsu?" Carla questioned when he was silent.

"Actually, I think he mentioned something," Natsu muttered.

"I asked him about the other dragons before. When he mentioned the other types of dragons, I asked him if any of them would be a good match to fight against," Natsu started.

'Figures,' the guild thought in unison.

"He told me they would all be tough opponents. So I asked specifically 'Even ice dragons?' Cause I figured they would be easy since fire beats ice, but what he said kinda threw me off," Natsu said furrowing his brow.

"He said, ice dragons are dangerous. Then he never said a word about them after that," Natsu finished.

"Dangerous? What's that supposed to mean?" Elfman questioned.

"That's way too vague," Lucy muttered.

"What if we asked Sting and Rouge? Maybe their dragons told them something?" Lily responded.

...

"Nope. Weisslogia never said anything to me," Sting answered.

"Actually, Skiadrum mentioned something to me. When I asked him about them, he said the ice dragons were some of the most powerful dragons in the world, and because of this the ice dragons fought each other in a great war. A war that ended with the extinction of the ice dragons," Rouge explained.

"The ice dragons drove themselves into extinction?" Levy questioned in shock.

Rouge nodded, "Yes, that was what Skiadrum said. He also mentioned it happened long before the great dragon war. Otherwise known as the dragon king festival. That was why I was so surprised to find out May was an Ice dragon slayer. I thought ice dragons were extinct before dragon slaying magic was created," Rouge explained.

"Did one perhaps survive?" Lucy questioned.

"Thank you Sting, Rouge this was very helpful," Master nodded to them.

"Of course Makarov! Happy to help!" Sting grinned before they hung up.

"So, the ice dragons started a war against each other," Gray concluded.

"One that drove them into extinction before dragon slayer magic was created," Juvia concluded.

"They're so dangerous even the other dragons recognize their strength," Erza concluded.

"That doesn't add up though. Did one possibly survive and create a dragon slayer lacrima?" Lucy wondered.

"We're lacking in information right now. We need to learn more. Levy would you help me in the library?" Freed asked.

Levy nodded.

"Wait. Rouge said they went extinct before even the great dragon war. We barely have any records of dragons before the great dragon war. You might not find anything," Lucy commented.

"We have to try," Levy answered sternly.

***Timeskip***

Everyone pretty much left after that, and I headed back up the stairs to the infirmary to check on May.

I opened the door to surprisingly find May sitting up awake.

"May. I'm glad your-"

I stopped what I was going to say as she jolted upon me approaching her.

She backed away trembling as she curled in on herself.

"Please...please don't get any closer. I don't wanna hurt you," May whimpered as tears collected in her eyes.

Sadness enveloped me as I stared at her, 'May...'

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Enjoy your day!!!