Chapter 43 - Questions and Answers

A/N: Sorry for so long of a wait, school has literally been killing me, so if you guys could comment anything at all it would really help me mentally right now. Don't worry I do plan on making it up to you guys with lots of updates this weekend! Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

***Laxus's p.o.v***

"Reset the world?" Erza questioned.

"Yeah, that's what he said," a bandaged up Sting told Fairytail over the lacrima.

"He said he wanted to reset the world to where only the strongest survive and that all mages outside of his guild are a disgrace," Rufus explained.

"Except for one apparently," Minerva spoke up.

"Did he say which one that was?" Ever asked.

"No, he never clarified that," Rogue explained.

"A world where only the strongest survive?" Lucy pondered.

"What exactly does that entail?" Lily questioned.

"I might have an idea."

We all looked up at the voice.

"Gray!" Happy exclaimed.

"Gray darling please be careful. You haven't fully recovered yet," Juvia muttered worriedly to him by his side.

Gray smiled and nodded to her before he spoke, "Juvia has filled me in, and I think I might know something that might be helpful."

"What is it Gray?" Carla asked.

"When I was attacked, I was told I was a threat to their plan that needed to be dealt with, but also the mage who attacked me was an ice mage," Gray explained.

"What does the guy being an ice mage have anything to do with it?" Bickslow questioned.

"It has everything to do with it."

We all turned our heads to see a lacrima image project onto the wall with a bandaged up Lyon and Eve staring back at us.

"Lyon, Eve," Gray muttered surprised.

The ones who attacked us were also ice mages," Eve explained.

"And the ones who they've been attacking have also been ice mages," Lyon explained.

"Exactly, which is why I believe there's some sort of connection there," Gray explained.

"The guild master who attacked us also wielded ice magic and he claimed himself to be the Ice King as well," Orga added.

"There's one thing I don't get," Natsu spoke up, gaining everyone's attention.

"Ice mages attacking other ice mages is one thing, but why steal all these parts?" Natsu questioned.

Everyone went quiet, no one having an answer.

"Oh!" Sting gasped. "I don't know what this means or if it's important but before I blacked out the Ice King mentioned something about only missing a final piece. The Ice Icarus? Ice Irids? Ice-?"

"Iris," Lyon finished cutting off Sting. "The one who attacked me briefly mentioned that as well."

"Wait, Ice Iris?" Mira questioned.

"Isn't that a kid's storybook?" Lisanna asked.

"What would they want with a kid's storybook?" Elfman asked.

"I believe it's more about what the story is telling, not the book itself," Freed explained.

"What was the book about?" Levy asked.