Chapter 11- A New Home

A/N: We made it to 1K reads! Wow! Thank you!!!! I hope you enjoy the chapter!!

***Laxus's p.o.v***

"You want me to what?!" I exclaimed.

"I want you to take in Maylene and have her stay with you at your place," Gajeel says crossing his arms.

When Gajeel pulled me aside to talk to me about something important, I definitely didn't expect this.

"Are you sure about this Gajeel? I'm not so sure this is a good idea. She's already terrified of me enough as it is," I said unsurely as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"That's exactly why I want her to stay with you. If she stays with you it will give her a good chance to bond with you and grow out of her fear. She needs to know you're not like Ivan. This is a good opportunity to do that," Gajeel explained.

I sighed, "Alright, I'll see what I can do."

***Timeskip***

"Ta-da!" Evergreen announced.

"Now we can ride back to Magnolia in style," Evergreen says proudly, gesturing to the nice carriage she got us.

"That's wonderful!" Levy exclaimed in agreement.

"Wherever did you get the money to afford this?" Bickslow questioned.

"I didn't, some of the palace guards offered it for us, and how could I say no?" Evergreen smiled triumphantly.

"That's very kind of them. It will be a pleasant way to travel back to Magnolia," Freed agreed.

"Well, for most of us at least," Lily confirmed, gesturing to Gajeel and I who were sick at the idea of the ride.

I glanced down and noticed Maylene looked just as sick of the idea as Gajeel and I.

"You too?" I questioned her.

Maylene timidly nodded.

"Of course she would be! She's a full-fledged dragon slayer!" Gajeel says proudly.

"Well c'mon! Let's head home in style!" Evergreen proclaimed.

"I'd rather walk," I stated.

"Oh, no. You're going to have to suffer through it and that's final," Ever stated, leaving no room for any arguments.

And trust me, it's way easier to go along with it than argue with her, no matter what it's over.

I sighed in annoyance.

"Great!" Evergreen exclaimed with a clap.

"Well, let's hurry in," Levy said as she and the others started to pile into the carriage.

"Well, I'm walking," Gajeel stated attempting to walk off.

"No way," I stated, grabbing the back of Gajeel's collar.

"If I have to suffer through it, then so do you," I said as I dragged him onboard, Maylene trailing behind us.

Gajeel sat by the window on one side along with Levy, Lily and Bickslow. While I sat by the window on the other side along with Ever and Freed.

Maylene came in last from behind us and after a look from Gajeel, reluctantly sat between me and Ever.

The trip was relatively peaceful aside from Gajeel and I leaning on the window sides, trying to hold in our breakfast.

I took a moment to steal a quick glance at Maylene to see her sitting up, stiff as a board as she tried to hold in her own breakfast.

Honestly, unless you looked hard enough, you wouldn't have been able to tell that she was sick.

'Tch, probably the dead beat's doing,' I thought grinding my teeth in anger.

I carefully wrapped my arm around her and pulled her close as I continued to stare out the window. I felt her tense up against me before she finally relaxed a bit.

***Timeskip***

Finally, after a long and terrible ride we were back in Magnolia, much to Maylene, Gajeel and I's relief.

We exchanged our goodbyes before Maylene and I headed towards my place.

It was an awkward quiet walk as I couldn't figure out what in the world to say to her.

'Man, I'm not good at these kinds of things,' I grumbled to myself.

"So, you're an ice dragon slayer?" I asked her.

She jolted at the sudden question before she timidly nodded.

"And you're a second generation too? Like you also have a lacrima inside of you?" I questioned her.

She nodded sadly. "Yeah...it hurt...a lot," she muttered sadly.

I mentally facepalmed. 'Great job Laxus. You just made her bring up a painful memory. Great first impression,' I grumbled to myself as we continued towards my place.

***Timeskip***    ***Maylene's p.o.v***

"Well, here we are," Laxus says, opening the door and gesturing me in.

I walked in to see the place a complete mess.

"Shoot, I forgot Bickslow came over before I left. I was going to clean the place when I got back," Laxus mumbled, face-palming.

Laxus sighed. "Sorry, it's not usually like this. I was planning on cleaning the place when I got back. I forgot how much of a mess it was," Laxus said, walking around as I followed him.

He went down a hallway and opened a door.

"Damn, this rooms filthy too," he mumbled under his breath.

"Well, this will be your room once I clean it, but until then you can sleep on the couch," Laxus says, turning around before he stops.

"This is my room. I would offer you to stay there, but it's just as bad," Laxus explained, gesturing to the room next to the room he had for me.

Walking back to the main room, Laxus cleaned up a bit and cleared off the couch.

"It's getting late, you can sleep here for the night. If you need anything, I'll be in my room," Laxus says.

As he walks away, I heard him grumble, "Dang it, now I've got all this cleaning to do. Sigh, what a pain."

I stared after him as he went to his room before he closed the door behind him.

I glanced around the place deep in thought, before I nodded and got to work. 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Because of final exams I have coming up, I won't be able to update an extra chapter this week, but I will update two chapters next weekend to celebrate this story reaching 1K reads! Don't forget to Vote, Comment and enjoy your day everyday!!!