Chapter 8

Justin
I wiped the tears that formed in my eyes as I held my stomach from laughing so hard. I don't think I've ever laughed like this. It felt nice to get a good laugh, I never had the opportunity because there was no one to talk to. But now I have Jason and I'm grateful I met him. "And then I called her an old witch!" Jason just finished telling his story about how he was talking in class and the teacher moved his seat to the front by her desk. He hated that spot so he called her a witch, apparently she was an old,short lady and had frizzy black hair with big glasses. Once I calmed down I took this time to look at Jason. The way he laughed with his smile never leaving his face, his beautiful blue eyes that I adore. You could say I have a small crush on him, but I would never tell him that. I didn't even tell him I was gay and I don't think I ever will. I'll just scare him away. The one person that I actually feel comfortable being around will probably run away from me. "Justin." I heard my name being called bringing me out if my thoughts. I looked up and saw Jason looking at me with concern in his eyes. I gave him a small smile to show I was fine and not to worry. "Would you tell me if something was bothering you, right?" He said looking deeply into my eyes. "Yeah." I said honestly. "Good, because I want us to be able to trust each other." He said. Just then I heard his phone staring to ring, meaning it was most likely his mom and he had to get home. He answered it and talking to the person for a couple minutes before hanging up. "I have to go my mom is waiting for me." Disappointment in his voice. "I'll see you around I guess." I was about to walk away when he called my name. "Meet me here on Monday. I'll come here after school and I promise I won't forget this time." He said. I nodded my head before going our separate ways.

Jason
I walked home and once I stepped in my house I was met with my mom standing there waiting for me. She had a worried look in her eyes, like something was bothering her. "Jason, are you alright?" She said. I gave her a confused look, not knowing what she was indicating. She saw the look on my face and continued. "Well it's just that...you are always out doing stuff and getting home late. I'm worried about you." She said. "Mom I was just going for a walk no need to worry." I tried calming her down. I gave her a hug and said goodnight, since it was around 9:00pm and made my way to my room. I laid on my bed, trying to get comfortable. I sighed, realizing that I have to be careful now. Not that my parents judge people so quickly, but if they found out that I was seeing a boy that was poor, they would kill me. I would never be able to leave the house again. They always told Abby and I to stay away from the poor people, but after meeting Justin my feelings changed. He was a strong and beautiful person and deserves the world. I smiled at the thought of him and excited I get to see him again tomorrow.
I groaned once I heard my alarm going off. I squint my eyes to look at the clock. I huffed, realizing I have to get up now or else be late for school and got out of bed. I threw clothes on not caring if they matched or not and went downstairs. I saw my dad in the kitchen reading the newspaper. "Good morning Jason." He said not bothering looking up form the paper. "Morning." Was all I said since it wasn't a good morning because I have to wake up so early. I put some cereal in a bowl with some milk and are it like I've never been fed before. "Jason you act like we don't feed you." My dad said, chuckling a little. I shrugged my shoulders and continued eating. "Oh don't worry about dropping off Abby this morning, I'll take her and pick her up." He said. "Okay." I said not really in the mood to talk. I looked at my watch and saw I would be late if I didn't leave now and hurried out the door. I didn't bother saying bye because my dad could care less. I drove to school in my silver Range Rover. This car was my baby. I would die if anything happened to it. I drove with music faintly playing in the background.
A couple minutes later, I finally reached the school. I parked the car and walked in the school. I go to my locker to get my books I need for my first couple classes as I heard my name being called. I turned around to be met with Ryan and Olivia holding hands. "What's up Jason, I haven't talked to you all weekend?" I rolled my eyes because the reason we didn't talk all weekend was because he picks his girlfriend over his best friend, but I would never say that out loud. "Well I've been busy." I said, trying to drop the subject. "I have an idea, why don't we hangout after school today? It'll just be Olivia, you, and I?" He said grinning at his idea. Not that I would like to hangout with him, but I can't ditch Justin. Actually, I would rather be with Justin. He made me feel like I can be myself around him. "Sorry guys but I have plans after school." I said casually. They gave me a confused look, maybe because I haven't had any friends other than Ryan. Now I have Justin. "What do you have planned?" He asked. "I have to meet a friend after school." I said not giving away too much information. "Okay maybe another time." Ryan said then turned away.

I went to my boring classes until school was over. Nothing interesting happened other than Ryan giving me weird looks all day. Probably because I've made a friend other than him or he thinks I'm lying. Well whatever it is I don't care. I made my way out of the school and into my car. I pulled out of the parking lot and drove home. I opened the front door and the house was silent. No one was home so now I can go out without being questioned. Without thinking twice I walked out of the house and went to mine and Justin's spot. The spot we always meet up. Once I reached the spot, I saw Justin already there waiting for me. "Hey Jason." He greeted me. "Hey Justin." I sat down on the grass and he sat by me. We told stories of good memories we had in our life. At that moment I realized that Justin is all I ever want as my friend.

🌸 Sorry for the wait for the chapter. I hope you guys like it. Comment what you think is going to happen later on in the story. I love reading your comments and know you are enjoying the story so far. Thanks for reading🌸