Chapter 20

Jason
There is a certain reason why I always hated school. It's not the endless homework that the teachers give, it's not really the part of waking up early in the morning, it's the people in the school. If you were in my situation right now you would know what I'm talking about. I just got in the school and the Tompkins brothers decided that it would be funny to hack into my locker. My books are missing and there's a little note attached onto the locker door. Missing something? Don't try to look for your books because they're in a place that you'll never find them. See what happens when your a fag? P.S. This is only the beginning.
This actually scared me for a second because who knows what's going on in their minds. They don't care about anyone but themselves. They could easily make my life a living hell with the snap of their fingers. I'm not the person to start fights and cause trouble so punching them wouldn't solve anything for me. I went to my first class early since there are no books for me to carry. I went to my math class and some people were already in here. I sat down and pulled out my phone to text Justin since I know he's an early riser.

From Jason: Hey juju!!

From Justin: hi jase!! You better be paying attention in school 😕

From Jason: Don't worry class didn't start yet. I miss you😉

From Justin: I miss you too babe😘

From Jason: babe?? Justin your making me blush☺️

From Justin: oh shut up and focus on your school work.

Just as I was about to text Justin back, the teacher walked in the classroom. The class took out their textbooks, but me of course because I have no clue where they are. "McCann, where is your book?" Mr. Patterson asked impatiently. The class laughed because obviously everyone was in on this prank. "I don't have it sir." I said and he rolled his eyes and continued with class. Once the bell rang for lunch a few periods later, I made my way to the cafeteria. I sat in my usual seat right next to Ryan and Olivia, but I was always left out of the conversation. After since that one day Ryan and I hung out, we barely said five words to each other. Yeah we had some conversations, but nothing other than a simple talk. I was cut out of my thoughts when I heard a voice I was dreading of hearing. "How's it going fag?" I turned around to be met with Matt, Dylan, and a couple of their friends that smirked evilly. "What do you want?" My voice was nervous. Ryan and Olivia kept quiet and I figured that they wouldn't say anything, that will make them a target too. "I think you know why we came here." Dylan handed Matt a blue slushy drink and he dumped it all over my head. The coldness of the ice made me flinch. The cafeteria was loud from everyone's laughing. My face was red of embarrassment and I did the only thing I could do, run.

I ran to the bathroom, locking myself in the stall with tears in my eyes. How embarrassing! Not only did people see that and probably recorded it, but now I have to go the rest of my time in school with a huge blue stain on my shirt and pants. My heart stopped when I heard someone coming into the bathroom and locked the door. 'This is it Jason. There going to kill you in the school bathroom.' I thought. The unknown person cleared their throat and started talking. "Um...I saw what happened in the cafeteria. I'm not going to hurt you or do anything. I'm here to help you." I went out the stall, but made sure I was cautious and saw a boy around my age. He had short dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. He was good looking if I do say so myself, but I would prefer Justin. I chucked a little at my crazy thoughts and put my attention to the mystery boy. There was an awkward silence for awhile until he spoke, "oh sorry my name is Danny Winter. So...what's your name?" "Jason McCann, it's nice to meet you." He nodded his head and kneeled down to get something from his book bag that I just noticed was on the ground. "Here you look like you need this more than I do." He handed me a blue shirt that looked about my size. "Thanks, it means a lot." I went back into the stall because I don't want to change in front of someone I just met. I walked out seconds later and the shirt actually fit me. "You can keep the shirt by the way, it looks better on you than it ever did on me." He smiled. Would you consider that flirting? I don't know what to say so I just smiled awkwardly back. "Well...thanks for the shirt and checking up on me, but I have to go." I turned on my heels and walked out of the bathroom. Someone grabbed my wrist before I can back to the cafeteria and I already knew who it was. "What'd want Danny?" Irritation visible in my voice. "I was hoping we can be friends. You know, we have a lot of things in common." I raised my eyebrows in surprise of how blunt he is. It's a shocker that someone actually wanted to be my friend, but for all I know he can be a stalker or a creep. "What do you mean we have things in common? I met you like a couple minutes ago." He smirked at me. "Well for starters, we are the same size of clothes. For what I can tell, we aren't ever liked at this school and I think we can agree that Dylan and Matt are assholes." I kept quiet because most of the stuff he said was true. "So what if we have like three things in common, it doesn't mean we're going to be best friends and have slumber parties." I shrugged my shoulders and he laughed. "Well...I don't really do slumber parties since I'm a guy and stuff, but how about we make a deal. We will hang out after school today and if you don't have fun then I'll leave you alone, but if you do have fun we will be friends." He held his hand out to shake on the deal and I hesitated and surprisingly shook his hand.

School ended quickly and I hurried to my locker so I wouldn't run into Dylan or Matt. I opened my locker and put my books in while someone touched my shoulders and I held my breath, thinking it was the Tompkins brothers, but when I turned around my eyes landed on my "friend." "Danny don't scare me like that. You trying to give me a heart attack!" I exclaimed and he said nothing and just laughed. "Oops sorry. So are you ready to go have a fun day." I shook my head, but he ignored me and grabbed my wrist and lead me out the school and into the parking lot. "So where are we going?" I asked and he, again, ignored me and kept walking to his car. Once we got in his red car, he began driving to our destination. I jumped when I felt a vibrate come from my back pocket. Justin texted me and I instantly was in a happy mood.

From Justin: hey you out of school yet? I wanted to see your handsome face☺️

From Jason: I'm kinda tired from a long week of school...Can I see you tomorrow?

From Justin: Sure, I understand. Maybe tomorrow we can go get down ice cream.

I don't know why I didn't just tell him I was with a friend. I know he would understand that I finally have someone to talk to, but something told me that he would be jealous and get mad at me. The last thing I want is my juju mad at me for something I did. I knew Justin's dad was making a couple dollars an hour at work and is actually trying hard with supporting Justin and himself. I also knew that Justin was excited to have some money in his pocket, even if it meant a single dollar. I always loved seeing him get excited to pay for something small like an ice cream. I know what your thinking, why would I let him pay for his own food? Well the answer to that is because he gets so happy because he gets to buy something on his own without my help. The thing he doesn't know is if he spends something I secretly out the money back into his pocket without him knowing. As a boyfriend, I will never let him pay for anything. My thoughts were interrupted by Danny saying that we have arrived at our destination and I looked out the window and see the movie theater. "Really? The movies is what you had in mind? I would've thought we were going to do something thing crazy." He just smirked and I suddenly felt scared for what he was about to do, but went along with it anyways. We walked into the building and the smell of buttered popcorn filled the air. My mouth watered at the smell. "So what movie should we see?" He asked. "How about The Purge, I heard it was a good movie." He nodded and got the tickets. We got our popcorn and sodas. I was going to pick a random seat not too far in the back, but instead Danny grabbed my hand and pulled me far to the back. The movie started and Danny grabbed a piece of popcorn and threw it at the back of an old lady's head. Sadly the popcorn didn't fall on the ground, instead it got stuck in her hair. She didn't seem to notice, but Danny took that as an opportunity to keep doing it until her hair was filled with pieces of popcorn. I bursted out laughing, everyone in the theater glared at me for being too loud but I didn't care. "Now it's your turn." He whispered. I took some popcorn and started to throw it in someone's hair, but I have a bad aim so it hit someone else. The person looked at me and gave me a deadly look. Danny was rolling on the floor laughing so hard. "Dude that was priceless! Did you see the look in his face?!!!" I put my hand over his mouth to shut him up before we get kicked out. The whole time during the movie, we were joking around and not caring if people were giving us weird looks and then the movie ended. We went into his car to drop me off at my house.

Once we have reached my house I said bye and before I can get out of the car, Danny grabbed my wrist. I turned around and he smiled. "Does this mean I won the bet. It looked like you had fun...so are we friends?" "Are you really that desperate for friends because I don't really have any friends so why me?" I asked and I wanted to know why he wanted to be my friend so much. "Because you look like the kind of person that is trustworthy and honest. That's all I need in a friend." To be honest, I was surprised by his words. It wouldn't hurt to be his friend, would it? "Friends?" I thought for a minute before answering "friends."

🌸 I and figured that I should make this chapter longer because the last one was short.
Do you think Justin will be jealous?
What do you think about Danny? Thanks for reading🌸