Chapter 10

Justin
Do you ever get the feeling something bad is going to happen? That no matter how hard you try, things don't go the way you planned? Well that's how I feel. I'm currently having a screaming competition with my father. He is furious that I stole the food, but what did he want me to do? We would have starved if I didn't get the food from the rich side. "How could you be so stupid!!" He screamed at me. His face never looked like this before. His eyes were black, his face was red, and the vain on his neck was visible. This meant that he was more than mad and bad things happen when he's like this. "What did you want me to do let us starve??!!! You always expect me to do everything myself and you never help!!!" I yelled right back at him. My face probably just as red as his. "Your mother would not be proud of you and you know it!! I always hated you, you're a worthless piece of shit!!" Anger was all you heard in his voice. The next thing that happened shock both of us. I don't think we ever saw it coming. It happened so fast, and the next thing you know I'm on the ground. Blood dripped from my nose and I spit some out of my mouth. My father punched me. It wasn't a little hit, it was a punch to let out all of his anger. Regret filled his eyes as he looked at me on the ground. I got up without another word and ran out of door. I didn't want to deal with him anymore. I just want to be alone.

Sitting by the pond, the quietness claiming me a little as I put my hand on my face. I can feel it already swelling up, most likely there will be a bruise there if it isn't there yet. I sighed as I thought about my life. My mom wasn't here to give me advice on what to do. She wasn't here to hug me and tell me everything's going to be alright. I remember staying up all night crying, wishing for my mom to come back to me. Tears fell from my eyes at the thought of that. My life is so screwed up. I decided that I should get home, even though I didn't want to, but I have no where else to go so I have no choice.

I took the long way to my house, passing the spot where I meet Jason. Speaking of Jason, I heard my name being called. I recognized his voice and a little smile appeared on my face. Now I will be able to have someone to talk to. "Justin!" He screamed to get my attention. I turned around to see him starting at me. By his expression, he looked worried. A gasp escaped his mouth. "Did you get into a fight? Who was it? Why do you have a bruise on your cheek?" He asked all these questions at once. "I don't want to talk about it." I mumbled. "You know you can trust me, right?" He asked. "Of course." Was all I said. I didn't want to tell him because I don't want to have him worry about me.

"Hey can I ask you something?" He calmly said. I nodded my head and he continued, "did you ever...um steal anything from anyone?" By the look on his face you could tell he was scared of my answer. I put my head down in shame as I nodded my head meaning I have. "Look I know this is none of my business, but please don't steal from that one house. The family is crazy and they will make your life hell if they found out it was you. That's all I'm asking. I will even give you food if you need it." He softly said. I didn't say anything. It was just silent for a few moments before Jason spoke up again. "How did you get past the fence?" He asked. I finally looked up at his face and told him to follow me.

We walked together and I led him to the hole. There was no point in hiding it anymore since he knows about me stealing. Once we've arrived, I told him about me digging underneath it to get through. He looked quite amazed. "So if I wanted to see you, I would have to use this to slide underneath the fence?" "Yeah." "So now do you want to tell me how you got that bruise?" "M-my dad h-hit me." I barely got the words out of my mouth. I felt disgusted saying the words that my father actually physically hurt me. I didn't realize I was crying until I felt my tears fall from my eyes and land on my cheeks. About a second later I was sobbing and fell to my knees. I couldn't help it, the pain was too much to handle for me. I heard shuffling and felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Jason right next to me. He pulled me into his arms and I felt warm. "It's okay, you're okay." He whispered to me to try to calm me down. "Everything is going to be okay."

Once I calmed down I looked into his beautiful blue eyes. I didn't want to look away. They were just so perfect. "Thank you for calming me down and being there for me." I said. I was grateful that I've met Jason. He's special to me and I feel so comfortable being around him. "Anything for you." I closed my eyes loving the feeling of being on his arms and him holding me.

🌸 I'm sorry it's short and just Justin's POV but don't worry, there will be more Jason in the next chapter. Comment what you think about this chapter. Thanks for reading!!🌸