Chapter 9

Justin
I waited until it was dark to put my plan into action. It's about 10:30pm and most likely everyone is sleeping or comfortable in their homes. Tonight is the night I will sneak into the rich side. I don't know how it's going to turn out, but it's worth a shot. I head down the stairs to go see if my dad was still in the living room. Not seeing him there, I assume he's in his room sleeping. I put on my usual black jacket with old matching shoes and decided to bring a backpack so I could put the food in there so it could be easier to carry it home. I quietly open the front door, not wanting to wake my dad up, or else I'll be questioned why I'm leaving the house so late.

I hurried out the door and stated walking on the sidewalk. The coldness in the air hitting me in the face as the wind blows. I put my hands in my small pockets to try to keep the warm as I kept walking to the hole. A couple minutes past, and I finally reached my destination. I let out a nervous breath and laid on my stomach. I crawled underneath the fence, careful not to hit my head until I finally made it. I was on the other side. I got up from the ground and dusted off myself and took in the scenery. The environment was cleaner and the houses were brighter because they can afford electricity. I was more than amazed. I started to walk down the sidewalk cautiously in case I saw or heard someone coming, it would give me a chance to hide. I looked at the houses in awe at how fancy they were. They even had pools in the backyard. I haven't gone swimming since I was like 10 years old.

I stopped as I saw one house that stood out. It was a bit bigger than the rest of the houses on the block and the lights weren't on, meaning they were sleeping or not home. I smiled to myself as I thought of my plan. I snuck to the side of the house and looked to see if any windows were open. Glancing at the only window that was slightly open as I plan on sneaking in the house to get the food and leave, hoping nobody would notice. I saw a tree close by the house and would use that to get to the window. I climbed the tree hoping not to fall until I reached the window. I slowly and quietly opened it without a problem and climbed in. I looked at the room and noticed it was empty. There was a king size bed and a flat screen tv. The walls were a dark blue and looked really fancy. I put my ear on the door to see if I could hear anyone, but I heard nothing. I pushed the door open quietly and walked down the stairs slowly so I wouldn't be noticed. I made my way into the kitchen didn't know where to start. There was a food supply that could last years. I was in awe for a couple minutes before I went back to reality and started packing some food into my backpack. Once it was filled I went back upstairs so I could leave. I went to the window and put one foot then the other onto the tree. I made sure the window was closed so no one would get suspicious. I climbed down and made my way back to the fence.

When I reached the hole, I threw the backpack over the fence because it was too filled and wouldn't make it under the fence. I laid back on my stomach and slid right underneath it without a problem. I took the backpack and started my way home. Now my dad would be proud of me. I know he is never proud of the things I do. My mom and I were always so close. We did everything together, but then she passed away and now I'm stuck with my father. My father that was disappointed in me for being gay. My father that couldn't stand the fact that I had no friends. My father that never tried to help me with anything and always expected me to handle everything on my own. I hated it.
Once I reached home, I went to the kitchen to put the food in the cabinet. I'll eat some food in the morning when I have my appetite. I went upstairs to my room and laid on my bed. My plan actually worked.

Jason
I woke up to the sound of yelling. That's unusual because the neighborhood is always quiet in the morning especially since it's the weekend and people are still sleeping. I closed my eyes trying to go back to sleep, but apparently that's not going to happen since the screaming and yelling is getting louder by the minute. I groaned as I threw the blankets off of myself and lazily walked down the stairs, not caring about how I looked. I hid behind the wall so I could hear what was going on.

"Everything's ruined!!" I heard the voice yell, scaring me out of my skin. "Please be quiet my kids are still sleeping" my mom's voice was calm. "You don't understand how bad this is!" The voice yelled even louder. I wanted to see who the person yelling was. I peaked around the corner without them noticing me being there until I saw her. Mrs. Tompkins. She is a lady that was richer than anyone else. Her family got whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. It sucks being her neighbor. She is in her late 30s and has 2 kids that are both my age, Dylan and Matt. I tried being friends with them, but they were too conceded for my liking. "Oh Rose, I think your over exaggerating. Nothing bad happened." "Pattie my family and I went out last night and came back to a kitchen looking like animals got to it!!"

My mom tried to stay calm, even though Mrs. Tompkins was a strict woman and everything had to go perfect. It drives the whole neighborhood crazy. I could tell by the way my mom was looking at her, she was loosing her cool. "Rose, I want you to go home and not worry about it. I'm sure it won't happen again." "My food was stolen from my own house!!" Her voice getting louder. "I even have proof. Look at this!!" She showed my mom her phone that connects to the cameras in her house and clearly I saw the person. The guy looked like he planned this out for awhile because of how fast he did it. The person on the screen turned around and my face paled. Now I got a good look at him.

It's Justin. It couldn't be. I swallowed a lump in my throat, not believing this. I was speechless. How could this have happened? How long did he plan this out? How come he didn't tell me? I wanted these questions answered. If Mrs. Tompkins finds out its Justin, she'll make his life a living hell. No one and I mean no one messes with the Tompkins family. "Well maybe you could bring it to the police and not my house." My mom said trying to not scream at her. With a huff, Mrs. Tompkins scurried away not looking back. I acted like I didn't see anything and went into the kitchen were my mom is. "Good morning Jason. Sorry about her, you know how stubborn she gets." She looked over to me. "It's fine." I said, but in reality nothing was fine. I have to warn Justin not to go by their house and if he does then things will get ugly.

🌸 So much action is one chapter! Comment what you think about the chapter and what you think is going to happen later on. Thanks for reading🌸