Chapter 7

Jason
I snuggled into the warm blanket as I was dozing into slumber. Abby already was asleep and I was going to fall asleep soon. The movie was playing faintly in the background, I don't even know what movie it was. Abby and I surprisingly got along today. It happens not that often. Well if we are going to be home alone together, might as well not argue the whole time. I jumped up from my spot as a thought came to my head. I forgot about Justin. I was supposed to meet him, but I forgot because I had to babysit. 'Wow Jason' I said to myself. Now he's never going to forgive me. Maybe if I could check to see if he's still there. Why would he be, its like 8:00pm. I sighed to myself and looked at Abby sleeping. Maybe if I go and see if Justin is there before she wakes up, then she will never know I left the house. I smiled at my crazy idea and got up from the couch carefully, not wanting to wake her up. I put on my shoes and jacket and made my way outside. I opened up the gate quietly then shut it so nobody gets in and walked towards the place by the fence we were supposed to meet up.
When I got there, I didn't see anyone. The streetlights were the only source of light for me. "Hello" I whispered but loud enough to hear. I didn't hear anything. I tried it again, but sadly didn't hear a response. I frowned and turned around to walk home.
I reached my house a couple minutes later and quietly opened the door to see Abby in the same place I left her. I picked her up carefully so she didn't wake up and walked up the stairs to her room. I opened the door and put her in bed. I guess you can say I'm a good brother. I try to be, but sometimes I feel like I'm not doing a good job at it. I tucked her in and left her room. Yawning, I go in my room to sleep and maybe by the morning I'll talk to Justin about what happened and hopefully he'll listen.

Justin
I woke up and the sun was just coming up. I'm a person who doesn't waste their time sleeping all day, I'm more of a early riser. I drag myself out of bed and rub the tiredness out of my eyes, flashbacks of last night appear in my head. I frown about the thoughts of Jason abandoning me, but that's life so I have to move on. I go into the bathroom to clean myself up to look decent. Once I'm done I make my way downstairs and see if there's anything to eat for breakfast. "Morning Justin" my dad said, drinking a glass of water. I mumble a small hello and look in a cabinet we have to store food, but to my disappointment there wasn't any. My dad gives me a sad look, but doesn't say anything. "Um...I'm going outside for a walk, I'll be back later." Disappoint in my voice. "Okay Justin, just don't be out too late." I walk outside and realize that it's quite warm out today. The sun finally came up and is now producing warmth. I go to where the lake is. I sit on the old but surprisingly comfortable bench and have my thoughts take over. What if Jason doesn't want to be around me because I'm poor? Does he make fun of me? Does his family not want him near me? I sighed hating the thought of him not being able to see me. I don't know what it is but I feel like I could trust him. Even though he left me, I would still want him as a friend. I got up from the bench and decided to go back home. I went a different way, passing the hole I made to get to the other side of the fence and maybe I'll try it tomorrow at night to see if I can fit underneath it. I walk a little further and hear something. I get closer so now I'm face to face with the fence and as the person came closer and I realized who it was. Smiling a little because he came back to see me. "Justin, I'm so so sorry about yesterday. I forgot because I had to watch my little sister. I get it if your mad." He looked at me with pleading eyes. "I forgive you Jason." When I said those words he looked up and had the biggest smile I ever saw. His smile warms my heart. "Here I remember you saying you liked these and I figured it would make it up to you." He handed me a bag of sour patch kids through the holes in the fence. I was speechless, I probably looked crazy but can you blame me. I haven't eaten these candies in forever. I gratefully took them. At that moment I think things are going to look up and get better as time goes by. Jason gave me hope.

🌸 I hope you guys like the chapter. It means a lot that you are enjoying the story so far. Thanks for reading🌸