Chapter 12

Justin
I woke up like I do every morning, bright and early. Everyday at around 7 am I always wake up. I never knew why, it just happens. I get out of my bed and make my way to the bathroom when I trip on something. I loose my balance and my face meets the floor. I hear groans and lift my face up to be met with Jason. My face was red as a tomato, not only because of my clumsy self falling, but the fact that I fell right on top of Jason was another story. I hurried off of him and looked the other way so he wouldn't see my red face. "Wow what a way to wake someone up. Besides what are you even doing up this early it's like 6:00 in the morning!" He said tiredly and put his face in the pillow, clearly he wasn't a morning person. "First of all its 7:00 and second of all I forgot you were even in my house." I said getting sassy. Yep I have my moments when I'm sassy I can't help it. Jason actually picked his head up from his pillow to look at me smirking. "Don't get sassy with me Mr." He pointed a finger at me. I laughed at his childish behavior and how crazy he looked with his morning hair. "Hey what are you laughing at?" He pouted and dare I say it, he looked so adorable when he pouted. "Nice hair Albert Einstein." I said laughing. He tried to fix it, but it kept looking crazy and sticking up in all different directions. "I'm going to get dressed, I'll be right back." I went to the bathroom to get changed. I wore a black sweater and dark jeans. I combed my hair to look decent and went back to my room to see Jason wearing totally different clothes.

"Where did you get those from?" I pointed to his clothes. "Oh I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed some clothes. Don't worry I'll bring them back." He said cheerfully. It's funny because a minute ago he was tired and miserable, but now he's happy and in a good mood. "Nope I don't mind at all." I said. After that no one said a word. Talk about awkward. We just sat there in my room with nobody speaking. Jason fake coughed a couple times to get rid of the silence, but not even that helped before I spoke "well let's go downstairs and see if there is anything to do." Jason nodded in agreement and we went downstairs to the kitchen and I saw him. My dad was in there and didn't want another awkward silence so I turned to go the other way when my dad started speaking. "Justin I didn't know you had a friend over?" Oh yeah I forgot to let him know Jason was coming over. I could already see this not ending too well. "Yeah sorry I didn't let you know sooner." "It's no problem, just next time ask me before you have visitors." He said calmly. My jaw dropped. What just happened? First he physically hurts me then he's calm and nice.

My dad looked at Jason before sticking his hand out. "Hello I'm Justin's father, Paul, and who are you?" He introduced himself to Jason. I couldn't believe my eyes. Jason hesitated for a second before shaking my dad's hand. "Hello sir, I'm Jason." He said nervously. Can you blame him? My dad is so much taller and is intimidating to everyone. "Well it's nice to see Justin finally made a friend." He chuckled at my blushing face. It's true that I've never had a real friend before, but I didn't mind it because I loved being alone most times. "Justin do you think I could speak to you for a second?" My dad asked. I nodded and told Jason to make himself at home as we went in the living room. "Justin, I didn't mean what I said. I was just mad you would do something like this. I don't want any rich, snobby people hating us and could get us in trouble over something like this. I get it that your trying to help, but I think we should solve our problem a different way. Your mother wouldn't like the fact that you stole off of people or that I put a finger on you in a harmful way. I'm so sorry Justin, I really am. I'm not stupid, I know that Jason is more wealthy than us, but I'm allowing you to see him because he is your only friend. I promise to be nice to him." He gave me a hopeful smile and I gave him a hug. I think this is the most we've talked to each other in forever. I'm happy he's letting me see Jason. "I forgive you dad." I said and he continued to hug me tight. "I know I'm not your mom, but I'm going to start trying to be a better parent." He said. "At least your trying. That's all that matters."

We pulled alway from the hug and went back into the kitchen. Jason was sitting on the chair texting someone and noticed we came back and gave me a confused look. I gave him a look that said 'I'll tell you later' and he nodded. "My mom wants me home so I have to go." Jason said and stood up. "Okay I'll walk with you." I put my shoes on and my dad come by us. "It was nice meeting you Jason." He smiled "you too sir." Jason said, still uneasy. "Please call me Paul, sir makes me feel old." Dad chuckled and Jason just nodded his head and we headed out the door. We walked down the sidewalk in silence until Jason spoke up. "Okay am I losing it or did your dad just completely switch personalities!" He exclaimed, talk about over exaggerating. "He apologized for hurting me and is trying to be a better parent." I said and he looked surprised. "At least he won't hurt you anymore." The rest of the walk was quiet and as soon as we got to the fence, He turned towards me and gave me a hug. I don't know what's with everyone giving me hugs all of the sudden, but I like it. Jason held me tight in his arms and I was warm. It felt so right in his arms and he smells like cologne that isn't too strong, but is just the right scent. Okay I'm starting to sound like a girl. We pulled away from the hug and just stared in each other's eyes.

We started to lean in so our noses were touching and I smelt his minty breath. I wanted to kiss him so badly, but I know I would regret it and he maybe wouldn't want to talk to me after it happens. Jason was going to say something until his phone went off and he looked a little disappointed. Did he want to kiss me? He answered it and spoke to the person, I'm assuming it was his mom again and after another minute he hung up. "Sorry I really have to go, my mom is always worried about me and wants me home." He said and gave me a small smile that I gladly returned. He went underneath the fence and is now in the other side. I watched him walk away until I couldn't see him anymore. My thoughts were all over the place. He seemed disappointed when he pulled away from me and looked like he wanted to pull me closer to him. I felt warm in his arms, I get lost in his eyes when I look into them, I smile whenever he is here with me, and I wanted to kiss him. Maybe just maybe I like Jason.

🌸 Surprise!!! I updated again!! Only a couple more hours until Justin's birthday! So what do you think about Justin and Jason almost kissing? Do you think they would've regret it? And the plot twist with Justin's dad, something told me to make him apologize for hurting Justin. Thanks for reading🌸