Escaped

08.01.2017 11:43 pm

"... Hi, this is Lacey. I can't pick up right now, because I am busy saving the world, or something similar important. But leave a message and I'll call you back as soon as I get back. Bye...(dial tone)". "Lacey...Baby! Where are you? Please, answer your phone! Zack told me by now what happened between you two and that you never got to the hotel! Honey, when you hear this, please call me back! I'm worried about you! I love you! Please call me! "

After Bradley and Lacey had all the loose pieces of furniture leaned against the wall to a pile, Lacey pushed the bed frame a bit by the door to give them additional time.

"Ready? "she asked.

Bradley nodded hesitantly.

"Okay, oh shit! "

She raised the lantern, aimed and then threw it as hard as she could into the pile of wood. The lantern shattered on the hard wood and immediately the wood of the furniture caught fire.

Reflexively they both backed away. So far it worked. The fire spread quickly and they heard it.

"BRADLEY! "Elliot's angry voice.

He had taken the bait. Now they hat to hurry

"Come on. Hurry! "said Lacey and quickly let herself down through the hole in the ground. Bradley followed her hastily, and they were crawling forward, surrounded by darkness and white, cold snow. To move faster, Lacey took the flashlight.

Suddenly Lacey bumped into something heavy and soft. Instinctively she knew what it was and didn't want to look, but she did it anyway. Richard's dead face stared at her without expression. A layer of ice had already formed around him and Lacey hardly managed to suppress a cry. The image burned into her memory.

"Lacey! "Bradley pushed her from behind.

"Come on! We don't have time! "

The door opened above them, Elliot was there, calling for his sons and for Lacey, and that drove Lacey forward again. She squeezed through the entrance under the house and waited for Brad, helped him up and then looked through the window. Elliot was trying to put out the fire with his jacket, but then he disappeared from the room.

"Come on, run! "Lacey hissed, grabbing Bradley's wrist and pulling him with her.

Both stumbled into the forest, hastily seeking shelter among the trees. When they heard Elliot's voice nearby, their hearts almost stopped.

"BRADLEY! CALEB! "

Bradley had stopped, but Lacey pulled him along.

"Keep running, he can't see us! "

Bradley followed her, but when they heard Elliot calling again, Lacey was horrified to discover that he was now much closer than before.

"This way! "Bradley pulled them into part, where the firs stood close to each other and pushed them behind a tree.

"He is too close when we run, he'll hear us and catches up with us. We have to wait here until he's gone! "he whispered in her ear.

Lacey just nodded and squeezed close to the tree, but even though the branches were very dense, the trunk was thin. Too thin to hide them both, but it was too late to find a new place to hide, Elliot's voice was very close. He was here. Lacey put her hand on her mouth, she barely dared to breathe, she feared Elliot could hear her. Her own heartbeat sounded way too loud, and Bradley pressed her tightly to his chest, she was clutching his arm. In the moonlight in front of them, they saw a few branches moving and they heard Elliot calling to Caleb. He was right in front of them. Bradley only took a step back and a branch cracked under his feet. Lacey saw Elliot rushing out between the branches before she turned and ran, Bradley right next to her, but Elliot had caught up with them quickly and grabbed his son. He wrapped both his arms around Bradley from behind and held on to his frightened boy.