Locked in

08.01.2017 7:34 pm

Once in the cabin, Elliot led the three back into the bedroom. Hardly were they in the room when Bradley turned to him and glared at him with cold anger in his eyes. Without a word, he sat down next to Lacey on the empty bed, staring only silently to the ground, also full of rage.

Caleb had laid on the other bed, his look defiant and disturbed at the same time.

Elliot looked at the three teenagers for a moment, then he went out of the room without a word and closed the door behind him. Shortly afterwards, a sound was heard behind the door, which made all three of them sit up. Caleb was immediately at the door and hammered against it when he found that it could no longer be opened.

"Dad? Dad! "he was clearly panicking.

Desperately, he shook the door in front of which Elliot must have pushed the second mattress off the bed so no one could get out. Had there been any doubt before that Elliot wouldn't let them go, now it was gone.

"DAD! "

Bradley threw himself against the door a few times to open it, but it didn't help. When he realized that nothing was going on, he stepped against the bed frame in anger. Lacey sat on the bed apathetically. She had fallen into the hands of a psychopath and had no idea how she got away from him. Normally she didn't give up so easily, but the fear of what Elliot might do to her if she tried to escape again paralyzed her. She felt at her thigh for the place where Elliot had kicked her, it was still hurting. Probably it was gonna be a bruise tomorrow.

Bradley fell frustrated on the bed frame next to her, looking at her.

"Are you okay? "he asked quietly.

She shrugged her shoulders.

"The kick before looked bad, "he muttered.

"It's fine. Are you okay though? Is your throat still hurting? "

"A little", he muttered.

Lacey tugged thoughtfully on the sleeves of her sweater. Bradley would have liked to have consoled her and given her courage, but he couldn't think of anything . But Caleb didn't seem to have given up.

"Hey, we could smash out the windows," he suggested.

"It's too loud. He'd hear it! "Bradley replied and put his head in his hands.

Caleb went to the window.

"We could... we could build a bonfire. Maybe a helicopter will come find us! "

Nobody reacted. All three of them already knew that they couldn't get out of here. Caleb started to get really scared, and he lay down on the bed in fear and curled himself up. He wanted to cry.

Lacey still looked down without words, still tugging on her sleeves. She was about to cry. What if she never saw her mom again? All she wanted to do was spend a relaxing weekend. Suddenly a hand closed around hers and held her calmly. She looked at Bradley, who looked at her sadly but still comforting.

"We'll find a way, okay? "he muttered gently.

Lacey nodded and at that moment she broke down and she started sobbing silently. She lowered her head against his shoulder and he gently put an arm around her. And while Lacey sobbed quietly and asked herself internally if she would ever come home again, it started snowing again outside.

Time passed and nothing happened. Caleb had his legs covered with the blanket and still stared apathetically into the void. Bradley and Lacey had sat side by side with their backs against the wall, sharing the other blanket. Lacey had completely lost track of time.