Ushijima x Male reader

💔

Requested by:sleepwhosdat

++I changed and added a few stuff but here it is!++

Idk if this was sad or not, I wasn't crying so I doubt it's that sad- idk
__________________

"Is this really the love you promised..?"

_____________

Soft clouds passed by the peaceful indigo sky, the streets kept quiet as the breeze flew around soundlessly, a lone male awaited near the door frame of the gym.

Watching his lover practice, with everyone already home, he quietly sighed, his hands clenched, Ushijima kept his eyes and focus on the ball he hits, his attention and time on volleyball.

(F/n) gripped his bag, his gaze strongly watched him, he spoke "Wakatoshi.. that's enough.. let's go home.." he plead, his voice soundly tired.

"I'm not done.." Ushijima turned his back at him, his determination fueling him as he held another ball "it's already late!.. why do you keep doing this everyday..! At least rest and... Be with me again" he began to walk to him, moving his tired legs along the wooden floor.

"You are gonna break yourself Wakatoshi! Enough now!" (F/n) held Ushijima's wrist, The captain turned his head to him "You don't understand" he looked away, taking his hand away from his grasp,

"What do you mean I don't understand?!" (F/n) was taken aback with his words "for you information I'm on this team! I know how much this match means to you but are you really gonna let me aside just because of it?! You're gonna keep going until you break?!" His voice rose, Ushijima kept his head down and away from him.

"You promised you wouldn't push yourself this much..come on!" (F/n) made yet another attempt to get him out of the gym.

"I said I'm not done, if you can't wait then just leave." His cold words shot (F/n) in his heart, he stopped his tracks, tears began to fall from his cheeks, he clenched his hands into fists.

"....."

"Wow..is that all you really have to say to me..?" (F/n) spoke lowly, his voice sounding upset, he took a deep and shaky breath, looking at Ushijima "Fine then,.. I'll leave."

________

The sound of foot steps were heard, Ushijima looked down on the floor, closing his eyes as the noise of (F/n) walking away faded, without realizing his mistake, he kept going with his extra practice, entitled with a future problem he just created.

_______________

Another day in Shiratorizawa, it was after school and the volleyball boys were making their way to the gym, Since (F/n) was not in Ushijima's class or even in the same year, Ushijima usually arrives to the gym before (F/n) for the reason that (M/n) was ordered by the teachers to do a simple task before he goes.

And Today Ushijima hasn't seen (F/n) the whole day, yesterday before he went home, he realised his mistake, his prideful self stopped and thought about what he said, his words to him yesterday didn't have any importance or seemed all the deep, but knowing (F/n).

(F/n), his beloved, he had pushed him away, worried, he took out his phone and texted him.

___________________

No answer from him, looking at the gym, he went in, hoping that (F/n) was in there with the others, but to his dismay, he wasn't there, his concerned expression took the attention of Tendou.

"Wakatoshi-kun? Is something wrong?" Tendou approached him, with his expression and position, Tendou knew the problem "it's (F/n) isn't it?" He frowned a bit "he skipped school today"

"He did? Why? I wanted to speak to him.." Ushijima looked down to the ground in guilt.

"Well he hasn't talked to anyone but I'm guessing that he just probably need some space" Tendou shrugged,

_______________________

Practice started, Ushijima was left to gloom quietly as he practiced thinking about (F/n), his presence wasn't there to practice with him.

As time flies, practice ended, It seemed that Ushijima was finally gonna come home the time practice ended, like (F/n) always told him, he changed to his uniform and took his bag, like a miracle, his phone rung, with the name of (M/n) displayed on it.

Surprised, he answered it "(F/n)-" "Wakatoshi," (M/n)'s stern voice cut him off,

A short silence was brought between the two, until (F/n) finally spoke "I'm leaving the team" the serious tone of his voice made Ushijima taken aback "..(F/n) Why-"

"I'm leaving you, don't even think about coming by my house."

"I can't be with you anymore, you have been distancing yourself from me even if I was in the team, practicing next to you, all eyes on the ball, few words from you, I know that volleyball is important to you but what about me?"

"We haven't even been on a date for months.." (F/n) sighed "I'm sorry but I won't take this kind love from you..goodbye"

Before Ushijima can talk back, he hung up, Ushijima kept this head down, his eyes staring at the floor as he was feeling guilty, it was true, he hadn't been paying attention to (F/n) for a long time, not even giving goodnight calls like he used to, or having lovely times together, for..how long did he say it was?..months..

Ushijima stayed silent, no motive to move, Tendou had waited for him, not wanting the ace to walk alone "Wakatoshi-kun, we have to lock the gym.." he spoke softly, standing near the door.

Ushijima nodded, soon followed him out, walking with him for the evening, whislt holding guilt and sadness on his back.

"I'm sorry (F/n)..I really am..if I make it up to you..will you come back..?" He whispered to himself, letting his feet drag him forward.

"I'm sorry, please come back.."