Chapter 1

You got off the Hogwarts express with your bag and coat with the rest of the children. You had no idea where you were and walked towards the only person who seemed to have command of any situation.

"Hello?" you ask

The large man smiled. "You must be (y/n)" he said, putting out his hand. You shook it and felt your bones crush slightly with his firm grip.

"Yes I am" you said. "Am I in the right place?"

"Yep professor, the castle is right up there," he explained. "Help me get the kids organised and you can ride on the boat to the castle with me"

"Than you" you said.

"I'm hagrid," he said with a twinkling smile.

Soon you sat on the boat and watched as the castle came closer. You were amazed at its beauty and complexity, you were excited to discover all the secrets and mysteries of the castle.

You walked up the steps and into the great hall from behind. In front of you sat many children and in front of them a row of teachers. Hagrid pointed at an empty seat and waved as he walked out.

You sat in the seat, unsure what to do. Next to you sat an older lady with green robes and a slight smile. The other side sat a man with dark hair and robes with a sour expression.

"You must be the new Herbology assistant" the woman said. "Welcome to Hogwarts"

"Thank you very much" you said.

"Dumbledore said that you were raised in America and went to ilvermorny" she said.

"Yes that's right" you said. "I was in (your ilvermorny house)"

The woman nodded. "well I'm professor Mcgonagall" she said. "It's good to meet you (y/n)"

"And you too" you said.

Dumbledore started speaking to the students and the sorting ceremony began. Everyone was sorted and Dumbledore started again.

"Now I have a few notices before we start the feast" he said. "We have a new member of staff with us. Her name is professor (y/n) and she is from America, filling in the job as herbology assistant. I hope you give her all a warm welcome"

The students began to clap and you waved slightly your face red.

The feast started and you turn to the dark-haired man, hoping for a conversation. He clapped slightly at Dumbledore's invitation to welcome you.

"Hey" you said.

The man looked at you, his eyebrow raised slightly.

"Hello." he said sharply.

"I was just thinking of what a lovely place this is" you said.

The man huffed slightly and made a noise. "I guess it is" he replied

You decided to stop talking, he obviously didn't want to.

Soon the meal was over and everyone filed out of the room. Before you could go McGonagall stopped you.

"don't mind Severus" she said. "He is always quite bearish"

You nodded and smiled slightly. "Thanks" you said and walked towards the door.

Walking towards where you thought your room was led you to getting lost. Very lost. You had been walking for at least an hour when you bumped into Severus.

"Hello again" you said.

Severus nodded his head and started to walk off.

"Hey, Severus, it's embarrassing to say this but I am a tad lost" you said.

Severus turned around and rolled his eyes.

"If you could give me a map or if you know where my room is?"

"I will show you to your room" he said flatly and walked off on a fast pace, his Cape billowing behind him.

You kept up with him as he walked through random places and upstairs.

"Here." he said standing in front of a door. "The herbology classrooms you can see out your window."

"Thank you so much" you said. "can I repay you in any way?" you asked. "How about a glass of wine?"

"No thank you" Severus said and walked out.

"bye then" you said and walked into the room.

It was nicely furnished and your trunk lay on the bed.

Slipping into your bedclothes you were exited to tomorrow.