Chapter 3

The day went smoothly, the lessons being calm and the students well behaved. Soon it was the end of your first day and you were at dinner. More teachers sat with you at dinner, including Severus. He seemed slightly annoyed.

"Did you have a good day Severus?" you ask.

He looked up at you. "I guess" he said. "It could have been worse, I could have out 6 students in detention instead of 5"

"Im sorry Severus" you said.

He shrugged and tapped his fingernails on the table. They had black polish on them (I love the idea that Severus using black fingernail polish).

"I'm guessing you went to Hogwarts originally," you said.

"Yes" he said "Obviously"

"yeah, it explains why you know the castle very well" you said.

He nodded

You decided not to carry on the conversation. Severus didn't seem in the talking mood.

You decided to have an early night, as tomorrow you were on the rota to patrol the castle at night to make sure there where no students out of bed.

You wondered why Severus was so defensive and moody when you got into bed and hoped that he would lighten up slightly.

Next day came and gone and now you stood outside your room thinking where to go. You decided to go towards Griffindor's Common rooms, they seemed to be the most likely to sneak out in your opinion.

You had managed to make the ink glow in the dark with a spell so now you followed the map towards the common rooms and walked around the local area for a short time. You found none so you carried on walking down to the dungeons.

You were aware that some of the paintings were watching you pass and where interested in what the paintings included but did not want to disturb them at night. 

You suddenly saw a light so increasing your pace you walked straight into the well blended in Severus who's dark Cape you didn't see.

"Oh" you said bumping into him.

Severus whisked around and pointed his wand at your face, the light blinding you slightly.

"Oh it's you" he said.

"Im so sorry Severus, I didn't see you"

Severus grumbled something "There was a light" he said. "I think it might be a student."

You nodded and together walked towards where the light was. Severus started to jog and you picked up speed to keep up with him.

"Lumos" you said and the light revealed two Hufflepuffs.

They must have sneaked to the kitchens as there was some cakes in their hands.

"A midnight snack I see" Severus said. "20 points from Hufflepuff for you two out of bed and another 20 for those cakes." he smirked "I hope you enjoy them" Severus said.

The Hufflepuffs protested but Severus was having none of it, instead pushing them off to their common room. You followed him and watched as the two went in.

You started to chuckle and Severus turned to you.

"What is funny?" he asked.

"Their faces where a picture" you said "They looked so surprised."

"Yes, their faces were quite funny" Severus said. "That is first years for you."

"So what house in Ilvermorny where you in?" he asked, starting to walk off. You kept up with him.

"I was in (Your ilvermorny house)" you explained.

Severus nodded. "Well then, it is the end of my shift." he said and walked away from you again down a dark hallway.

Checking the time you saw it was the end of yours, so you headed back to your room and went to sleep.