Chapter 18

You woke with your head tucked under Severus' chin. You could hear his slow heartbeat and his breath which made a slight noise. You stayed still, enjoying the moment of Severus holding you like you were the only one in the universe, you were his and he was yours.

You were so tired since last night and waking from petrification. You felt sleep fall over you again, exhausted. You woke maybe three hours later. You felt much fresher but you still felt weak and woozy.

Severus was now laying, stroking your stomach gently. You smiled and rubbed your eyes.

"How are you?" Severus asked

"Tired"

"Well no wonder" Severus said. "You were petrified for over four months darling." he stroked your face gently. "I stand by what I said last night. I missed you"

You grinned and you snuggled into Severus. He kissed you gently. "We also had a late night last night" he chuckled and you smirked.

"What is the day today?" you asked suddenly worrying.

"Monday" Severus said. "But it's okay you have time off. Time to recover and relax"

"I have the summer to do that" you said. You got up "I have four months of work to catch my students up with"

"I am told professor sprout took on more hours" he said.

You felt really guilty and rubbed your arms. You felt as if it was your fault you got petrified. If you had been quicker with taking the ingredients down to Severus or slower. Worries and anxiety filled your mind.

"It's not your fault" Severus said like he could sense your worries. "Shall we get breakfast here?"

"I think I should see the other professors and thank them" you mumbled and got into your clothes.

Severus looked at you worried and got out of bed also. He got dressed and followed you out.  You seemed distressed and worried, unsure where to go or what to do. You sat on the stair and you looked at Severus.

"It's symptoms of the potion, confusion and anxiety which starts the day after and lasts for around three days" Severus said. "I suggest you get back to bed and sleep"

You bit your lip, unsure. Severus took your hand and almost dragged you back to the dungeons, pulling you in he pecked your lips and put you in bed.

"But I'm not tired" you moaned.

"You will be" Severus said from across the room.

"Then sit with me" you said, pouting. Severus rolled his eyes and came over.

"don't hang onto the past" Severus said. "That was the mistake I did"

"Your right" you said. "I'll get professor Sprout a gift. To thank her for her hard work"

"Good" Severus said. "Now sleep" he said more firmly. He wrapped his cape around you and kissed your nose.

You snuggled into bed, smelling Severus. The smell calmed your worries and mad you think about last night. You soon fell back asleep. 

The potion was doing a number on your head and you just tried to stay with it for the next few days when the symptoms lasted. Severus had the patience of a saint, dragging you back to bed to eat breakfast and reading to you to pass the time. He brought out your favourite snacks and movies to distract you. You also looked online a present for professor Sprout. 

After three days the symptoms left you and you could finally think straight. The parcel for professor Sprout had also arrived which you delivered to her. It was books on gardening, both muggle and magical with packs of seeds and a bracelet you thought she would like. When she received them she thanked you and grinned for the rest of the day, glad that her actions where being recognised. 

Soon the year was over. It was a confusing and you were not awake for half of it however you wouldn't change it for the world. Severus and you had become very close, and Severus had even began to be less defensive, to you at least. You invited Severus to your house over the summer. He loved it and immediately felt like home. He relaxed properly. The non-magic, oxygenated air from the plants did him good. The fact you two where alone together also helped, he had none annoying him or bullying him led to him enjoying this time very much.