Chapter 7

(the gif above is awesome)

Both you and Severus started to shadow Quirrell, he got quite flustered, putting on a pretence of innocence.

One night you were patrolling the corridors when you saw Severus. He was eyeing a door and saying in the shadows.

He nodded at you but carried on focusing on the door. Suddenly Quirrell opened it and briskly walked down the hallway only to be stopped by Severus who took him by the scruff of the neck.

"Severus, I-I-I"

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell," Severus said.

"I don't know what you mean." he stuttered back, "(y/n) tell him to stop" his eyes flitting from Severus to you. you had your arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

"You know perfectly well what I mean" Severus said while you shook your head at Quirrell.

You looked over to the doorway, hearing loud breathing. Both Quirrell and Severus did also. You reached out but found nothing.

Severus turned back onto Quirrel "We will have another little chat soon, and you should pray that (y/n) will be there to stop me from using methods unethical"

Quirrell quivered in worry as Filch rounded the corridor.  "professors. I found this in the restricted section" he said, holding up a broken lantern. "It's still hot. That means there is a student out of bed".

Quickly you all rushed off, however, did not find the perpetrator so instead, you went back to your room

It was only until the end of the year that he was brought to justice by Harry Potter that both of you relaxed slightly. You enjoyed not being tied to a house, being the neutral party. It allowed you to not be biased to one house or another and could celebrate each houses win. Severus seemed pretty annoyed however that his house didn't win the cup and it showed in his scowl.

You felt you and Severus had better relations. He seemed to half-smile when you delivered things to him and took things back and would actually have conversations with you at dinner, even if they where just short.

You decided to stay in the UK over summer, you decided to buy a house in the North of England in the middle of Kilder forest Park which was a large national park in the middle of nowhere. This allowed you to create the best climate for plants and your things without being disturbed.

I wonder if Quirrell slept in his turban on or if he took it off and slept with Lord Voldemort's face stuffed into the cushion?