Chapter 19

You and Severus only went back to Spinner's end around the end of the year to collect some of his things. You thought his house was beautiful and his bed was very comfortable. You laid there with him on the final day of the summer holiday. Severus's chest was rising and falling while you lay next to him, listening to his breathing. You hopped this year would be better, not wanting to spend another four months in a bed petrified. 

Severus looked so peaceful laying there. He had a slight smile on his face as he hugged into you. Soon you fell asleep, worried for the next year ahead. 

You woke with Severus already dressed and packing for Hogwarts. You yawned and smiled at Severus. "Good morning my dear" he said and gave you a slight smile.

"Morning" you mumbled and got out of bed, wiping the sleep from your eyes. You watched him pack, he both used magic and himself to get the things ready and he smiles from time to time, knowing your eyes were on him. "Are you going to get up this year?" Severus asked.  She shrugged and wrapped yourself up in the warm blankets. Severus rolled his eyes. "If you get up I will take you to a cafe" he said, trying to coax you out of bed.

"Which cafe?"

"Up to you" Severus said, closing the trunk.

You grinned and hopped out of bed. Severus smirked and shook his head, finding your reaction silly. You got dressed, not wanting to be in the cold for too long into something nice and Severus smiled. Somehow you always managed to fit everything so well. He wondered how he managed to catch a literal shinning angel when he is sullen, brooding and closed off to the world. He shook his head and took your hand, kissing your cheek and with his thumb stroking where he kissed it. "My perfect angel" he whispered. "My innocent angel"

"I'm not innocent" you pouted. Severus chuckled and kissed you again, this time rubbing your chin. "I thought you said breakfast" you said. 

"I did" Severus muttered. 

"Then come on!" you said, taking his hand, totally oblivious of his growing pants. Severus rolled his eyes and walked after you. You left the house and Severus locked the door, taking your hand with his you walked towards the cafe you wanted to go to. It sold pastries and tea.

"Why don't we take these home?" Severus asked.

"Sure" you said shrugging. 

You picked up the food and walked back to the house with Severus. He unlocked the door and quickly pulled you in and closed the door and walked you toward it. Slowly he started kissing you, his hands going up to your neck and slowly caressing it. "Sev" you stutter. Severus looked at you confused. "I still have the bags in my hand" He let you go and you took them upstairs and sat on the bed. "Sit with me" you said. Severus sat next to you and you brought the pastry up to his lips. Severus tried to grab it but you pulled it away. "What at you doing dear?"  you brought the pastry back to his lips and he raised his eyebrows. Slowly he opened his mouth and you fed him some of the food. Severus kicked his shoes off and laid down, sighing. You gave him some more of the pastry and kissed his head. Severus felt safe and relaxed with your gentle touch, allowing himself to let his guard down and let you feed him. He smiled and put his hands on his stomach. You finished feeding him his pastry and he laid, his eyes closed and his face relaxed. You started to eat your own pastry, watching his face which had relaxed, his stress lines on his face disappeared and for that moment you smiled at his relaxation. You checked the time and frowned. 2 hours until you w there due to Hogwarts You let Severus sleep and relax until there was little amount of time left. 

Gently you kissed him and his eyes flickered open. "Hello kitten" he cooed. 

"Severus it is time to leave" you said gently. Severus' face fell and he frowned, the lines returning back to his face. You kissed his lines and he sighed, getting up from the bed. Severus pulled you up and kissed your lips. He stroked your hair and rubbed your back with the palm of his hand. "Hun could yo look into my eyes?" he asked quietly. You looked into them and you felt his worry for the next year. You also felt his anger on returning. He didn't have the words to say so let you see instead. You also saw that he was being used by Dumbledore which made you angry and sad for Severus. 

"Oh Severus" you whispered, holding his face. "I am sorry" you kissed him and he leaned into your touch. "I will always stay with you, Severus."

Severus smiled and kissed you again and rubbed your back again. "I will protect you always" he said. "You are mine and I will never let you go."

"I never wanted anything more" you whispered.