Chapter 2: Stepping Stones

Its been a week since Kyoka met Izuku and they haven't talked since. Kyoka woke up from her bed as she heard her mother call down for dinner. She had been seeing Izuku always going the opposite way from her. She guessed that he was going to school and left it as that.

After she git ready for school she grabbed her book bag and made her way down. After she waved her parents good bye she walked out of the house to make her way to school. Or so she originally thought. She looked to see Izuku going a different way that he didn't go to during school.

'I shouldn't follow him. I could get in trouble. But I feel like I should.' Kyoka thought to herself as she turned around and started to follow Izuku. They were currently in their final year of elementary as they are going to junior high next year.

As the continued walking, Kyoka a couple feet away from Izuku. She heard people their age talking about him. Mainly his eyes.

"Look at his eyes so weird."

"I know right. He looks like a villain with them."

"Creepy."

"I heard he is going to Adolla Middle School."

Kyoka started to look at the kids in confusion. 'What are they talking about. His eyes are cool. He doesn't look like a villain at all.' Kyoka thought to herself as she continued to follow Izuku.

The two reached a lake in which Izuku stopped. "Jiro. If you wanted to say hi, you could've just done it. I wouldn't have mind." Izuku said as he sat down and Kyoka looked completely in shock. 'He knew I was there? He probably thinks Im weird now.' She thought looking down in defeat.

"So are going to take a seat or what." Izuku said as Kyoka looked up from looking at the ground. 'He doesn't think im weird?' Kyoka thought as she smiled a bit and walked towards Izuku and sat next to him. She wrapped her arms around her legs as she looked at the water avoiding eye contact with him.

"So your going to Adolla?" Kyoka asked as Izuku nodded. "Only reason im going is because its close to home. Doesnt matter what school you go to for junior High. As long as you get a good high school." Izuku stated as Kyoka looked at him. "Well Im going to Adolla too. Same reason as you. Its close to home." Kyoka said looking back at the water.

Izuku then grabbed a rock and started skipping it across the water. It skipped five times before it sank. Kyoka wasn't really paying attention to the water. She was paying attention to Izuku mostly. For some reason, she couldn't take her eyes off of him.

"Aren't you late for school?" Izuku asked snapping Kyoka out of her staring. "I-I could say the same f-for you." Kyoka stuttered as she said that. 'Dammit please say he didn't catch me staring.' Kyoka thought as Izuku looked at her.

"You caught me. Whatever. we are in our Last week before we go into summer anyways. So it doesnt really matter if I miss class." Izuku said as he threw his back down onto the grass as he looked up at the sky. He put his hand up and created a small flame and started playing with it controlling it with his finger.

Kyoka watched in amazement as Izuku controlled his small flame. He made it thin and swirled it around in the air. "Thats so cool." Kyoka said as Izuku kept doing it. Kyoka reached over to touch it. Izuku quickly grabbed her arm with her other hand making Kyoka blush.

"Careful, It may look cool but its still fire. You can be burned so, be careful." Izuku said letting go of her arm much to the dismay of Kyoka. As she pulled her hand back. The two stood in complete silence as Izuku kept playing with his fire.

"So um..... Midoriya?" Kyoka called out and Izuku looked at her while stopping his flames. "Yes Jiro?" Izuku responded. "What was... T-The real reason you helped me? I-I know you said because a hero protects people. But I felt like as if that wasn't the only reason." Kyoka asked clinking her jacks together nervously. Izuku looked towards the water and threw another rock skipping it. "Its because i've been in your shoes." Izuku took in a deep breath before he continued.

"I think you heard all those insults. Weird eyes, Freak, etc etc. One name people do call me is. "Deku" meaning useless." Izuku stated as Kyoka widened her eyes at this. "B-But your not useless. You have an awesome quirk. Mine is just....... weird. and it makes look weird." Kyoka stated as Izuku looked at her and point at his own eyes. "Hey these eyes make me look weird. Im on the same boat as you. If anything I think your quirk is...... cute." Izuku said as Kyoka's face went completely red. She was a blushing mess as she felt the heat all over her face.

"I-Um..... T-Thanks M-M-Midoriya." Kyoka stuttered as her face was still red. "it was nothing..." Izuku stayed there and talked for a bit. Kyoka was happy. She never really had a friend before because of her quirk. She also found out the real reason people call Izuku "Deku". He say he believes Its not because he is useless. Its because he is simply lazy and can easily get into U.A with so much as lifting a finger. But he would prefer not to lift that finger. exaggeration included.

Izuku then got up and held his hand out for Kyoka to grab. She blushed as her face went red. She took is hand and got up. "Alright I think its time we get home." Izuku said as s he began to walk towards his respected home. Kyoka followed him being that their homes are basically on the same street.

When she got home after waving good by to Izuku she ran upstairs and threw herself on her bed. She was happy. It felt like there were butterflies in her stomach. "Adolla Junior High cant come any faster." She said to herself as she looked up at the ceiling with only one person at mind.

Izuku Midoriya