Chapter 7: A New Age

Its been around a week since Katsuki out bursted his insecurities and Kyoka forgave him. The teacher let Kyoka get excused absences for the rest of the week to recover.

After that day there has been another report about some setting a flame out of nowhere. The beast ran rampant unable of self sense. The heroes were unable to reprimand it and take it to jail. So they had to put it down. So far all they learn is that they don't go down easily. They have yet to find a weak point. But they decided to call the beast. An Infernal. And the phenomenon of people setting a flame. Spontaneous Human Combustion or SHC for short.

Kyoka made it to her class and sat in her seat. Looking at the seat thats next to her which was Izuku's seat made her just want to cry. She put her head on her desk and wrapped her arms around her head. She heard a thud on the opposite side of Izuku's seat.

She lifted head and looked to her right. She saw Katsuki sitting next to her. 'Why is he sitting next to me?' Kyoka thought to herself. The rest of the class was also confused. Why was the tough guy in school changing seats to sit next to someone who he saw as weak.

"Yo Katsuki! Why are you sitting with Earlobes?" One of Katsuki's lackeys called out. "None of your damn business." Katsuki muttered out as he glanced at Kyoka. She had already put her head back down. 'Im going to make up for what I did. Im going to show that I regret what I did.' Katsuki thought to himself as the school day went on.

The lunch bell eventually rang and Katsuki looked over at Kyoka who still had her head down. She probably had fell asleep. "Oi, get up. Bell rang." Katsuki said slightly shaking Kyoka awake. Kyoka groaned as she lifted her head. "Thanks...." She responded as she got up and walked out the classroom.

Katsuki followed her as she went up to the roof. When he got there Kyoka was sitting up against the wall next to the door. Katsuki sat next to her and they both remained silent for about a few minutes. "Bakugo...... Why are you trying...." Kyoka asked sounding dead inside.

"Because I want to show Im sorry god dammit." Katsuki said trying to hide the venom in his voice. Kyoka and Katsuki just ate there lunch in silence. "Hey Bakugo....." Kyoka said as Katsuki turned to her. "Thanks..." She said as she took a bite out of her food. "Tch." Katsuki responded.

After the school day ended Katsuki and Kyoka had to part ways because Katsuki had to get something for his parents before he went home. Kyoka started walking home alone. For the first time Since she and Izuku became friends. Kyoka started to let out some tears of loneliness as she continued to walk home. When she got there she was home alone because her parents had work.

She went upstairs and took a shower and put on some walking around cloths. She walked downstairs and walked towards the dining room table and grabbed a violet from the vase in the middle. She then got a cup of fresh water. She then walked out of the house and started toward Izuku's resting place.

When she got there she took all the violets out and dumped out the dirty water. Then she filled it up with the freshwater and put the violets back inside. She looked over at Katsuki's white daisy vase then at the vase that the Todoroki's left which had white and red roses and then she looked back at her own vase with violets.

She began to let out some tears and sniffle a bit. "Izuku....... I really miss you..... Please come back to me..... You can't be gone...." Kyoka said behind her tears. She stayed there for an hour and she got up and started walking back home.

As she walked back home two people had walked past her. All of a sudden the air felt hot. Why did the air feel so hot? "Oh god! somebody help me!" Kyoka's eyes widened and she swiftly turned around to see the two people that just walked past her caught on fire.

The two then started to let out demonic screeches and the people in the area started running away. Kyoka had already stumbled back and fell on her ass. She was too scared to moved. One looked at her and lifted up a hand. Kyoka closed her eyes. 'At least I get to join you Izuku.' Kyoka thought to herself knowing this is it for her.

After a few seconds pass and nothing happens She opened her eyes to see that the Infernal in front of her's fire went out. But most of all. It had a hole right were the heart is. Then it disintegrated into ashes and Kyoka could see the other one but It was fighting mid air with someone else.

They were surfing on what appeared to be a Matoi and the end of it was caught on fire. He was boosting it around as if it were a rocket. Mid air he jumped of holding it his hand as he threw it and it instantly pierced the other on straight through the same place he did the other.

The Matoi then flew back towards the person who was mid air. He grabbed on to the stick as he was falling and started surfing it again. He than landed in front of Kyoka. The Matoi thing put its self out and the person spun it.

The person wore a green hoodie with. Bunny ears? Not the point. He wore googles and a face mask covering his lower face. "Who are you?" Kyoka asked as she took his hand and got up. The man then walked away and took the Matoi thing from his back. The end of it set a flame. He then jumped on it and He looked at Kyoka. "I am."

"The Scorching Malice." He said as he flew away. Sky surfing on his Matoi and Kyoka was left thinking one thing. 'How the fuck does that even fly? And how does he fly it?'