Chapter 5: The First Ignitation

It was the day of the finals. Izuku and Kyoka are currently walking to class. Kyoka is obviously nervous. She had been clinking her jacks since she walked out the house. "Hey, Kyoka. Ya nervous?" Izuku asked and Kyoka stayed silent clinking her jacks. "Kyoka? Hello....?" Izuku said and Kyoka still didnt respond. "Hey Kyoka..... Deep Dope released a new album." Izuku whispered into Kyoka's war and she instantly jumped out of her thoughts.

"Wait really!?" She shouted and Izuku shook his head. Kyoka punched him in the shoulder. "Dont mess with me dammit!" Kyoka shouted and Izuku chuckled. "I called your name twice already.... I had no choice." Izuku joked and Kyoka realized it. "Wow I was really deep in thought huh? Guess im just nervous about the finals." Kyoka said as they approached they're class room. 

"Ready?" Izuku said and Kyoka took a deep breath. "Hell yea. lets do this." Kyoka said as she opened the door and the both of them walked in.

——————————
Kyoka and Izuku had finished their exams along with the rest of the class. Kyoka let out a sigh as she slumped her head on her desk. "Exam give you a hard time?" Izuku said as Kyoka nodded with her head still on the desk. "I felt like the math questions were going to eat me alive." Kyoka replied.

After an hour of just waiting and talking with each other Izuku and Kyoka went up to the roof after the lunch bell rang. Well not without their daily insult from Katsuki at least. They got up to the roof and ate. Izuku started playing with his fire again and Kyoka just watched in amazement. Afterwards the get back to class bell rang and Izuku and Kyoka got up and went to their classroom.

Once they got there they took their seat. "Alright so the results came in for your test and Im going to call out each of your names by the attendance and say your score. Remember you need a 70 or more to pass." The teacher said as he started calling out role.

Every name sent shivers down Kyoka's spine. What if she didn't pass? She would have failed Izuku and her parents believes in her. Katsuki would of won the fact that she would get into U.A. "Kyoka Jiro." Kyoka snapped out of her thoughts. "H-Here." Kyoka replied. "You got good scores. 91 for reading and English, 88 for math and 89 on Science." Kyoka has never been happier in her whole life. Minus the times she spent with Izuku. She passed. She actually passed.

He kept calling out names which Kyoka didn't really pay attention to until. "Izuku Midoriya. Perfect scores. 100 on reading and English, 100 on math and 100 on science good for you." Kyoka smiled at this because there is only one other name and a pair of scores that she actually listened to. Katsuki Bakugo. 98 on reading and english, 97 on math, and 99 on science.

Kyoka turned to Katsuki and she had never seen how pissed off before. After rolls were called the class was dismissed. As Izuku and Kyoka were packing up their things they heard a voice they'd rather not hear. "Deku! Dont you dare look down on me! You must've cheated! There is no way in hell a lazy bum like you could've gotten a question right that not even I could!" Katsuki shouted as he grabbed Izuku's neck collar.

"Hey let him go! He didn't do jack to you!" Kyoka shouted as Katsuki looked at her. "Is there a problem?" Katsuki said in a menacing tone. "You damn well know there is!" Kyoka shouted as she punched him square in the face. Luckily the teacher wasn't there to stop them.

"C'mon Kyoka you know that wasn't necessary." Izuku said as Kyoka scoffed. "Like hell it wasn't necessary." Kyoka said in a cold tone. "You screw you ears! You dont know shit!" Katsuki shouted as he held his nose and Izuku and Kyoka walked out of the room.

As they were walking they were completely silent. Halfway to Kyoka's house Izuku started to speak and break that silence. "Kyoka, listen I know you have had enough with Katsuki. But there is more to him than you can see. I've known him for my whole life." Izuku stated as Kyoka sighed and kept listening.

"Look the amount I have to tell you with the time we have is like reading the first few pages of a dictionary and saying you are done. Can you meet me at our study spot tomorrow?" Izuku asked and Kyoka nodded. "Sure, sorry for loosing my cool on Bakugo." Kyoka apologized as they reached her place.

"See ya tomorrow Izuku." Kyoka said as she walked up the stairs. "Yea. See you around." Izuku said as Kyoka walked in and closed the door behind her.

————————-
Izuku is currently eating with his mother Inko but he hasn't touched a single piece of his food. "Izuku? Is there something the matter? You are just staring at your food. Its Katsudon your favorite." Inko said as Izuku snapped out of his train of thought. "Oh im fine its just that I passed the final exams today....And with perfect scores." Izuku lied. He was thinking about how Kyoka lashed out at Katsuki earlier that day.

Inko nodded and Izuku took a bite out of his Katsudon. After a few minutes Izuku looked at his food at looked at his mom. 'Some thing isn't right.' Izuku thought. "Eh?!" Inko shouted as out of no where she caught on fire. "Mom?! What the hells going on?!" Izuku yelled out as he tried to use his quirk to make the fire put out. But it didn't work. "Izuku! baby run away! Go!" Inko yelled as her voice turned into a demonic screech.

Izuku ran upstairs and fire was all over the house. He grabbed the one thing that came to mind was to grab his keychain.

—————————
Kyoka was on her bed thinking. 'Why does he care so much for that stuck up bastard?!' Kyoka thought to her self as she heard a large explosion. "What the fuck was that!?" Kyoka yelled out as she smelt what was smoke.

"Please dont tell me." she said as she ran down the stairs. "Kyoka what was that?" Mika her mother asked as Kyoka ignored her and ran outside without even any shoes on. She ran out and looked to her left and her eyes widened. "No!" She yelled out as she ran towards Izuku's house. There were already fire fighters a heros at the scene.

"IZUKU!" She yelled out as she was stopped by the fire fighters. "Get back this is a big fire!" One yelled as Kyoka tried to run through. "Please! MY BEST FRIEND IS IN THERE PLEASE!" Cried out as the fire fighters held her back. "IZUKU!" She yelled out again in hope to hear a response. Nothing.

"DEKU!" She heard a familiar voice call out. She looked at the other side of the street and Katsuki was screaming out to him. "DEKU! AUNTIE INKO!" He screamed out. "IZUKU!" Kyoka yelled out again as she stopped struggling and she fell to the ground clutching her heart. "Izuku...." She said as tears started to  rapidly fall down her face.

"You cant be gone.... You cant, You cant, you cant, you cant!" She yelled out. "IZUKU!" she cried out once more with more tears running down her face. "DEKU!" She could hear Katsuki cry out as well.

After the fire was put out the house was gone. Burned to ashes. Kyoka just sat there crying. Katsuki stayed in the spot he was standing in also crying. A fire fighter walked up to Kyoka. "Ma'am we are sorry but your friend and his mother are gone. Bones burnt to ash and all." the fire fighter said as and Kyoka looked up at him a face of sorrow.

"No..... Your joking right? You have to be. Please. Please tell me you are!" Kyoka screamed out at the man with a cracked voice. She didnt want to believe it. She didn't want to believe that they couldn't even find a body to bury for him. "Im sorry. I wish we had better news." He said as Kyoka began to cry again, Clutching her heart. It pounding so hard it felt like it was going to burst out of her chest.

"No..........Izuku."