Chapter 3: Juniors Together

Its has been three months since Izuku and Kyoka entered Adolla Junior High. Although Izuku is usually avoided by everyone in his class. Having a circle of empty seats to prove that. One person always sat next to him and it was none other than. Kyoka Jiro.

They're as close as friends can be. Izuku told Kyoka about his cousins on his fathers side. The Todorokis. Though he is not a big fan on how his uncle thinks. Usually Izuku makes a flame and plays around with it so Kyoka can watch.

Currently the two were going to the roof for lunch when they ran into someone they'd rather not. Katsuki Bakugo. "Stay out of my way Deku and Weird Ears." He said as he pushed his shoulder against Izuku's. "You will never be a hero with those eyes and how lazy you are. Your on the same boat Ears. That quirk is fucking useless." He continued to mock them as his lackeys basically praised him.

Kyoka looked down at this. She was already insecure about her body. Girls her age are already going through puberty and she just stopped. She had no curves (Best damn curves ever) and flat chest (Best Chest Ever 👌). But her Ear jacks just made it worse. She was bullied about them when they grew in and was told that they made her look ugly.

"Lets just go." Izuku said in his normal tone as Kyoka just remained silent and just followed him. They got up on the roof and started eating their lunch. Izuku noticed that Kyoka's mood as changed and now is completely down in the dumps.

"Hey, dont let Katsuki get to ya." Izuku said patting her shoulder. Kyoka just looked at him and she looked like she was on the verge of tears. "Midoriya.....d-do you think my jacks make me useless and ugly?" Kyoka looked at him in the eyes and Izuku was taken aback by this question. "Of course not. Why do you ask?" Izuku questioned and Kyoka looked away from him and looked towards the sky.

"Its just that....... Bakugo reminded me how I was....... Bullied because of my quirk." Kyoka said obviously feeling a little unsure about talking about this. Not because it was a touchy subject. She was scared that Izuku would see her differently. She was scared that he would see her as 'Weak'. "I-I-It got t-to a point where I-I w-w-was about to just c-cut t-them off." Kyoka started unconsciously letting out tears out of the fear that she was going to loose her only friend.

Izuku then noticed how his friend was in distress and hugged her. "Its ok. You dont have to continue." He said as Kyoka hugged back. Kyoka wasn't crying out of fear now. She was crying out of relief that Izuku will now always be her friend. "Thank you." Kyoka responded still hugging Izuku. "N-." "You saved me from doing that.... the day I met you." Kyoka said as she interrupted Izuku and hugged tighter. "So thank you." Kyoka said again and Izuku closed his eyes. "Your welcome." He said as they broke from the hug.

Kyoka then realized that the just hugged for about 3 minutes and started feeling heat rise up to her face. She covered her face with her hands to hide the blush. They sat in silence for a few moments and Kyoka had already moved her hands from her face.

"So, you have really told me why Bakugo is so mean." Kyoka said and Izuku looked at her and then looked away. "If im being honest, I dont really know. It started when he got his quirk. Everyone praised him and I might have told you this already but I was a late bloomer. So at that time everyone saw me as quirkless. Thats when the name Deku came to light. My quirk came about 2 years later." Izuku stated as Kyoka just listened.

"So its just at that huh.... I think its because he is to prideful." Kyoka said as Izuku chuckled. "Maybe" Izuku replied as he finished eating his lunch and Kyoka dittoed and ate her own. Not without snatching a quick bite from Izuku's Katsudon.

After that the school day went on. Once the day was over Kyoka and Izuku walked with each other to their homes.

————————————-