Chapter Ten

The Jade Wolf was silent, no one dared utter a word hearing the scream echo through the Shadow-world. The pact stood there turning their gazes to Luke knowing that they all recognized the scream from the night he became the alpha, from the night he found out that Alec was a Banhee. The cracks on the windows from when he screamed were gone but the memory was still there. Embedded in the minds of everyone in the Jade wolf whether they liked it or not. Alaric, the second in command of the pact, turned to Luke meeting his worried gaze. "Luke." He said in a whisper not wanting to say the words of which everyone was thinking.

"It was Alec." He breathed taking out his phone, pressing it against his ear listening to it ring. "Hey you've reached the voicemail of Alec." He didn't even listen to the rest of the message while hanging up the phone. The silence was broken by the sound of someone entering the restaurant. It was the Vampire Raphael Santiago, head of the New York clan accompanied by Simon Lewis who was very confused as to what was going on and why he was there at the Jade Wolf. "You heard then?" Luke questioned Raphael.

"Everyone heard. The whole Shadow-world heard the scream." He growled clearing showing the werewolf he was upset.

"Yeah I actually have a few questions." Simon blurted. "Like what the hell is going on? What was the sound we all just heard and why is everyone standing around like they already know so can someone please fill me in as to what the hell is going on!"

"That scream we all heard was either a Banshee or Banhee. A race of Shadowhunters that can sense death and twenty years ago Valentine wiped them all out with the help of the circle. And going off that scream Valentine has the first ever Banhee or Banshee to be heard of in twenty years." Raphael stated, making Simon's face become plastered fear as he realized what was going on.

"And we need to find them before he kills the last one, am I on the right track?"

"Si."

"Ok one more question.' Simon asked, making Raphael groan in annoyance. "Why are we the ones doing the rescuing, why aren't the Shadowhunters if this person is a shadowhunter?"

"Because they don't even know that Banhees and Banshees exist. Only Downworlders do. Because they are outcasts like us so we protect them."

"How can we rescue this Banhee or Banshee if we don't know who they are? Or if they are a he or she." Simon started to ramble becoming more and more anxious about what was going on.

"It's Alec." Luke spoke, making the two Vampires turn to the alpha. "Alec Lightwood is the Banhee." No one said a word as the Jade Wolf fell silent once again as the werewolves waited for the Vampire's response.

"We better find him fast then. Before the Clave takes notice." Raphael spoke calmly, making Luke sigh in relief. "You will have my clan's help."

"Thank you."

"Anyone know where to start?" Raphael asked.

"One more question." Simon blurred, making everyone groan in annoyance. "Why don't we tell Jace or Isabelle about-"

"Because they don't know." Luke snapped. "Simon twenty years ago Valentine wiped out all of the Banhees and Banshees that existed and the clave wiped all records and stories to ever show that they ever were real in the first place. So Jace and Isabelle wouldn't even know what is going on. Also Alec hasn't told them." Just then Luke's phone began to ring. Me looked at the caller Id and answered the call pressing the phone against his ear.

"What is it Magnus." He asked in a hurried tone knowing that Magnus was the only other person apart from himself that Alec told about him being a Banhee. He also knew that the warlock would have the most information about where Valentine might take Alec and what he would do to him.