Chapter Seven

Alec walked with Lydia as they headed to the Jade Wolf. He listening to how all of the girls in Idris were clamoring to meet him because his parents had put out word that he was looking to settle down, get married. Though they had not mentioned a single word of it to him which made Alec very mad. Lately, everything in his life he had no control over. No control over the Clary situation, apparently no control over his personal life and no control over what he could do and what he wanted to. But he was starting to get some type of control over his Banhee side which was a plus in all of the other minuses in his life. But there was one other positive thing that had entered his life in the past few days. Magnus.

Even though Alec wouldn't admit it to himself he was developing feelings for the warlock who seemed to be able to take his breath away at every chance he got. Alec could get him out of his head, Magnus was kind and understanding with him and seemed to be the one person at the moment who seemed to care about how he was feeling and what he was going through. Isabelle inquired once as to what was happening to her brother when she saw him scream at the Jade Wolf after the alpha died, then never brought it up again, and Jace didn't seem to notice that anything was wrong in the first place. But Magnus took notice and he seemed to be the only person that Alec could let his guard down around. In other words he made him variable.

But Alec was scared, scared to admit that he had any type of feelings for Magnus at all because then it would mean that they were real, and if the feelings he had for Magnus were real and if he didn't feel the same way there was a chance he could get hurt. He slowly breathed in as he and Lydia walked into the Jade Wolf pushing his thoughts of Magnus aside for the moment and focusing more on the voice that had entered his head as she saw the dead Forsaken on the floor of the restaurant. Lydia walked over and greeted Luke and began to examine the body with him as Alec took in the aftermath of the fight, using the voices to guide him. Picking up broken off objects off the floor and seeing visions of the fight between the wolves and the forsaken flood into his head as his eyes glowing silver as they did with only Luke noticing thankfully. "We'll take the body back to the Institute, do a full autopsy." Lydia declared like she was running the show to make Alec perk his head up and drop the object he was holding.

"Oh, hold up. I get that I called you..." Luke pauses, turning his gaze to Alec "Actually, I called Alec. But what I didn't want is someone to come down here and just take over." He crossed his arms making himself very clear to Lydia that he wanted to deal with the Forsaken that attacked his pack.

"That's kind of her thing." Alec said being very honest as he walked over to Lydia and Luke.

"Look, I know I can come across... abrasive." Lydia declared. "But we're all on the same side here. Can we agree on that? The Institute has the resources to find out what this thing is."

"We have an expert forensic pathologist. Highly trained in all the creatures of the Shadow-World."

"Do you have one here? In this, uh, Chinese restaurant?" Lydia asked, seeing Luke sigh knowing that he had lost this small battle.

"Fine, you win." He huffed. "Just tell me what you find." Lydia nodded, agreeing to that one simple term. Alec bent down examining the body for himself, picking up it's pale, burnt and dead arm seeing a vision of none other than Valentine experimenting with the Forsaken in some sort of abandoned building which looked more like an abandoned hospital. He shook the vision off and looked up at Luke.

"You think Valentine was behind this?" He questioned already knowing the answer as he saw it in his head. But he had to ask because Lydia was there and she might question how he knew.

"No question. It's his work." Luke said like it was obvious which it was.

"What do you think he's after?" Alec asked standing up again wanting to know why Valentine would send a Forsaken to the Jade Wolf.