Chapter Four

Alec was still trying to clean Luke's blood off Magnus' couch, having no luck by the time Magnus had come out of the room where he had set up Luke so he could rest and recover from the wounds he had. In his opinion Magnus was looking a lot better than an hour ago when he could barely stand up by himself. Alec briefly smiled to himself as he saw Magnus walking over to a small table where a mixture of alcohol was kept. He continued to try and clean the couch with little success, managing to get some of the blood off it, staining the cloth Alec was holding, pulling a face of disgust as he looked at it. "You know I have magic for the right?" Magnus said, turning to Alec with two newly mixed cocktails in his hands.

"I think you've exerted yourself enough for one day."

"Drink break?" Alec looked up to see Magnus smiling, holding the cocktails. He Paused for a moment, smiling as he dropped the cloth in his hands, walking to Magnus, taking one of the cocktails from him. As he did Magnus snapped his fingers over the glass creating a little blue smoke of sorts over the clear alcoholic drink. Alec's eyes kept on flickering from his drink to Magnus' eyes, which Alec found hypnotic at times making him lose focus. "To us." Magnus raised his glass as they toasted and both took a sip from their drinks. Alec finds them a tad strong for his liking.

"Why'd you ask for me?" Alec questioned, as probably would have come anyway because of the voices in his head telling him Luke was dying. "Jace and Clary were both here."

"Jace didn't tell you, doesn't matter it was a lie anyways." Magnus moved to the window tucking some of his stray hairs behind his ears.

"Are warlocks always this cryptic?"

"I'm not being cryptic. I'm being coy." Magnus turned sound, sighing seeing Alec wasn't getting it "Let me spell it out for you. I wanted to see you again." Alec raised his eyebrow confused, why Magnus would want to see him."

"Why?"

"Why'd you come?" Magnus questioned and Alec paused to think about this. He couldn't really say that there were voices in his head telling him that Luke was dying and that he had to save him.

"I'm not sure."

"For almost a century... I've closed myself off to feeling anything for anyone. Man or woman. You've unlocked something in me." There was a silence and tension building between the two of them as they looked at each other. Alec's eyes kept on flicking between his drink and Magnus' beautiful eyes that he could get lost in. The moment wasn't uncomfortable for either of them, it was rather peaceful and calming. Suddenly Alec's phone rang making him jump a bit.

"I have to take this." He mumbled as Magnus turned to the window to give the Shadowhunter some privacy. "Ah mother." Alec wasn't really listening to what his mother was saying at all, his head was filled with the noise of a guitar being played. He hung his phone and placed down the drink he still had in his hand.

"Ah... Oh, the furrowed brow. Maryse must be recruiting you for something... unseemly." Magnus smirked.

"Oh, listen, Magnus, I... I wish I could... I just... I don't know what..." Alec stuttered all the way through his words feeling nervous for some reason until Magnus held a finger to his lips making Alec blush a bit as he smiled.

"I understand. Stay for just one more drink? And then decide." Magnus held up a glass filled with clear alcohol as Alec pondered the thought. The sound of the guitar that filled his head was more faint now, barely a whisper as he decided to do something he wanted or a change, like how he just wanted to stay with Magnus and just be with him.

"Just one." He muttered, taking the glass from Magnus, their fingers brushing against each other, making them both smile shyly as they just talked to each other as the night went by, until Alec fell asleep on Magnus' couch. The warlock brushed a few of his raven hairs out of the Shadowhunters face, his fingers tracing the soft features on Alec's face as he slept peacefully.