Chapter Twelve

In the Jade Wolf, Luke and Simon both slumped in a booth, feeling defeated. They were running out of options. They, along with the New York vampire clan, Jade Wolf pack and Magnus Bane had spent the night trying to find any lead of any kind that would lead them to where Alec was being held by Valentine. But nothing. All they were able to find was a small poison dart in an alleyway where they suspected it was the alleyway where Valentine kidnapped Alec, luring him there in some way. The only other lead they had was that they knew that Valentine took Alec to the warehouse where all of the Banhees and Banshees were found dead at the height of the circle's power. The trail had gone cold. Luke and Simon sat in a doomed silence, knowing that they had to find something, anything that would help them find Alec. Otherwise they wouldn't find him at all.

But they didn't think that their best hope of finding the Banhee would come stumbling through the Jade Wolf door, and it did in the form of Clary with Jace slung over her and another man's shoulder looking worse for wear. Both Luke and Simon rushed over to them. Simon stood a wee bit behind the werewolf, avoiding the sun that would turn him into a glorified pile of ashes. Luke looked at the other man who set Jace down with Clary's help as a ghost from his haunted past.

"Michael Wayland?" He questioned, walking closer to Michael to make sure he wasn't seeing things. He was shocked, his eyes weren't playing tricks on him, here before him was Micheal Wayland, a friend thought dead. Jace's father. But something about the whole thing didn't seem right. Luke rushed away to the kitchen to get some water to help Jace fight off the demon's poison making its way through his system. Taking a few moments for himself thinking about the current situation.

Jace being poisoned, Alec missing and Michael Wayland coming back from the dead, even though Robert Lightwood confirmed that his parabatai was dead. Even though they grew apart over something that no one knew, Robert still told Luke that he felt Michael died. Michael being here in the flesh didn't make sense, you can't fake a person feeling their parabatai dying or being dead. Luke huffed going back into the restaurant seeing Clary and Simon run off, as he helped treat Jace while heaping a close eye on the person who claimed to be his friend Michael.

********

Alec stood over his catatonic state, thanks to Valentine and what he shoved into his system, trapping him in this state as the madman put it. Valentine didn't know that Alec wasn't completely trapped, yes while his body was catatonic not able to move or communicate, his mind, his consciousness was awake outside of his body. Able to see and hear everything that was going on in the present time. It reminded him a bit of when he saw Simon emerge from his grave and become a Vampire. He was there in person in some way, able to see Clary and Jace talking at his grave, and how they couldn't see him, but he could see and hear everything that was going on in that moment. But no one could see him, like now.

Alec sat against the wall in the dimly lit room, watching as Valentine walked in and out. Doing more tests on him, taking his pulse, blood pressure, measuring something in his brain, checking his pupils and even talking to him about how he would soon open his mind and would die screaming. It drove Alec mad. All he wanted to do was wake up from this hell, run away from wherever he was being kept and back to his family, to Magnus. He hated the most was the feeling of utter helplessness, he couldn't do anything. Cold tears started to run down his face as he started to break down, letting out the sobs he had been holding back and he cried. He cried for all of the pain and death he had felt in the past few days, how it had taken a toll on him. He cried for the fear of knowing that he would mostly never get to see Isabelle, Jace, Max, his parents, Magnus and even Clary, (which he had started to not find highly annoying) ever again. That was a fate worse than death, it was a fate worse than the current situation he was in.