Chapter Eleven

Finally, Clary and Alec reached Magnus' apartment. Standing in front of the same wooden doors  of this dimension version of the warlock's apparent Alec knocked on the door wilted for it to open. "You going to tell me how you know about the Shadow-world now?" Clary asked, crossing her arms, looking at Alec who just rolled his eyes and huffed.

"Geez you're just as impatient as this dimension's Clary." He mumbled. Clary opened her mouth to fire back but the wooden door swung open and there stood before them was this dimension version of the one and only Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn. Only it wasn't what Clary was expecting to see. This Magnus was dressed normally, mundane like. No eccentric outfits, no painted nails, no make up, not even a single speck of glitter which she knew that her Magnus loved. Even though Meliron told her that the Downworlders here had conformed to the mundane way of life she still thought that Magnus would still be Magnus. Then again, after seeing the Tv ad she wasn't holding out much hope.

"Ahh Alexander." Magnus said, becoming red in the face. "I didn't expect to see you today. I thought you would be busy with that party. Who's your friend?" Magnus looked at Clary with curiosity in his eyes wondering why Alec would bring her to him.

"Yeah I don't mean to just drop in like this but umm it's about the thing." Alec said quietly as his eyes glowed silver and Magnus stepped aside as Alec's eyes returned to normal. He motioned for them both to come in. He closed the door behind them and a little white and brown tabby cat came running up to Alec. He picked it up and scratch behind its ears making it purr.

"You don't have a cat." Clary spoke a bit confused after seeing the cat run up to Alec.

"I have two." Magnus smiled. "Chairman Meow." He said smiling at the tabby cat Alec was holding. Then his gaze turned to the gray older looking cat sitting on the couch opposite them. "And church. So the voices told you something?" He turned to Alec who nodded and pointed to Clary.

"She's not this dimension's Clary. She is from a dimension where Shadow-hunters are still a thing."

"Yeah, I still don't know how you knew that." Clary said, raising her voice. "Can you please explain now!"

"I heard Simon's death in my head when you came to the table. I even saw it. He became a Vampire." Alec spoke softly which only made her more confused.

"Your powers are growing." Magnus said, sitting down on the couch as church jumped off. Alec set Chairman Meow down on the floor who ran after Church as Alec sat opposite Magnus.

"W-wait you heard Simon's death, in my dimension, how?" Clary asked, sitting beside Alec who sighed looking at Magnus who sighed as well.

"He's a Banhee."

"What's a Banhee?" Clary asked with utter confusion in her voice.

"Basically a shadowhunter that can sense or feel when someone is dying or is going to die no matter what." Alec explained looking at Clary. "I sometimes hear voices giving me riddles or clues. Sometimes it's a cryptic vision and one time I walked around in a fugue and found a body. There are also Banshees, which is a female sensor of death."

"Have you always been like this? Are there others?"

"A Banhee's or Banshee's powers are only activated when they have a brush with death." Magnus stated clearly his eyes flickering to Alec who bit his lip remembering his own brush with death only a few weeks ago.

"Brush with death?" Clary frantically looked at Alec. "You died?"

"Almost died," Alec corrected, looking Clary dead in the eye, seeing the fear and worry. "I got hit by a car, my heart stopped, they resuscitated me but the next morning I woke up with voices in my head, silver glowing eyes and a scream that could shatter glass."