Chapter six

Alec made his way down the network of tunnels that ran under and in the NYPD. He, Jace, Clary and Isabelle had run in there after Isabelle's necklace let them know that demons were near by and there were a lot of them. He knew that they would never get the cup back to the institute if they all stayed in the tunnels so Jace, Clary and Isabelle ran they're way back to the institute while Alec tried to hold off the demons, which he did with success. Firing arrow after arrow making every demon that came his way disintegrate until they were nothing but dust as they returned to their home diamonds from where they once came.

Alec waited about five minutes at the door that led to the tunnels to make sure that there were no more demons coming into them. Once he was sure, he slipped the arrow he had notched into his bow back in his leather quiver and ran down the tunnels. The whispers of voices in his head began to become louder and louder as they tried to tell him something. It wasn't about Simon dying, it was something else that he couldn't make out until he felt a surge of energy run through him as his eyes glowed silver as vision of none other than Luke came into his head. He saw that the werewolf was sitting in what looked like a prison cell in the police station. "Find him" The voices whispered to him as his eyes returned to their normal hazel.

Alec understood. He needed to find Luke for whatever reason. He used the voices as a guide of sorts, listening to them instead of ignoring them and trying to push them out of his head. Making his way through the tunnels until he reached the police station, he quickly activated his glamour rune so the mundanes couldn't see him. He weaved his way through them until he reached the holding cells, seeing that Luke was the only one in there he deglamoured himself and walked in making Luke look up to him.

"Couldn't break yourself out?" Alec asked as he drew the unlock rune on the cell lock, making the door swing open and Luke walked out.

"I was about to, then you showed up. Where's Clary?" Luke asked concerned for the red-head along with the sound of the alarm blaring in the background.

"We had to split up, demons. She's probably still in the tunnels and could need our help."

"Let's go then." Luke walked in front of Alec not wasting a second as they made their way through the tunnels to try and find Clary. Neither one of them were talking; it was just the sound of the dripping pipes along with the constant thudding sound of their boots hitting the concrete under their feet. "They don't know, do they?" Luke asked out of the blue, making Alec confused and a little scared.

"Know what?" Alec said, mumbling, walking ahead to try and avoid what started to feel like an interrogation.

"That your a Banhee." Alec stopped dead in his tracks as the words came out of the werewolf's mouth. "I Know one when I see one. Before I passed out at the docks I saw your eyes, they were silver, and even though I was weak while I was being taken to Magnus I could hear your scream." Luke now stood in front of the raven haired shadowhunter who avoided his eyes becoming nervous folding his hands within his jacket. "I know what happened to the rest of your kind, I was Valentine's parabatai, I know what he did, but I Don't know how and I'm guessing you only found you what you are few days ago."

"Like the fact that I now hear voices in my head?" Alec remarked pushing passed Luke who followed after him.

"Valentine will come after you-"

"Already got the warning from Magnus." Alec cut Luke off picking up his pace trying to avoid any further conversation with Luke regarding him being a Banhee.

"Can you just drop it, Luke please."

"Just take my phone number that way if anything happens you can be under the pack's protection."