Chapter 20

Ezekiel's POV:

Getting out of the car to hug a teary Bailey, saying our goodbyes and "I love you"s.

It's finally the day of the business trip, and I am so excited for it.

"Good morning Z," Aven whispers placing his head on my shoulder from behind, making me smile and blush, of course, "looking forward to our trip, are you?"

"Absolutely," I smile, turning my head to look at him.

I ignore how close our faces are when I do and just smile at him, my eyes dropping to his lips for only a moment.

His eyes look at my lips for a moment longer and the blush on my cheeks gets worse.

"Hey V," I whisper, he hums in response, "I've never been on a plane."

He chuckles, moving his head away from my shoulder, "it's alright, I'll be right next to you," he smiles warmly.

My eyes connect with the floor, I'm not very good at eye contact, especially when he's making faces like that.

We head onto the plane and I've never seen one like it.

"This is another one of the company projects, a plane that gives back. The solar panels on the roof produces energy, and we are working on making the engine not only produce less CO2, but we are working on different engine systems that will produce limited to none at all." (I am not a plane expert, I have no idea if this is possible, but for book purposes, it is.)

"That's so cool," I say looking up at it. I probably look like a kid in Disneyland.

We get on the plane and Aven holds my hand the whole way through, the view was amazing, but it freaked me out being on the plane.

But Aven made me feel safe.

Once we all make our way off his plane we get in the car, all of us smiling wide at each other and at the view. We're in London.

"So, once we get to the hotel, I can sign us in. We got one couple room, for Sandra and I, and then I got you two a room together. The bedrooms are separate and all, but you will be sharing the living space, is that alright?" Leanne informs us.

Aven and I nod at her, both of us being fine living together for a week. I don't think I've ever connected with a person so quickly, but it just feels like we were meant to meet.

"Wow, good choice on the hotel Leanne," Aven says as we park out the front, all of us looking up at this beautiful building. It's not a city skyscraper that Aven is probably used to, but it's a gorgeous old style, almost castle like, building.

"Good morning, two rooms for Earth Energy, under Leanne."

The look on the man's face when she says this makes it obvious that he knows who we are. "Of course," he says typing away on his computer.

"If you follow me, I can take you up to your rooms," he says, getting up from his desk.

Once we're in the elevator he leans over to me, "you are so lucky."

"What?" I ask, shocked and confused.

"The way Aven holds you and looks at you, I wish I had that," he sighs.

"I don't really know what you're talking about sorry, I'm just his assistant."

"Really?" he asks, looking genuinely shocked.