Chapter 4

Aven's POV:

Flicking through a few more applications in more detail. I've narrowed it down to 12 applicants that I could consider having as my assistant. The guy from a week ago has managed to stay on the top of the list, his laugh permanently in my head. I have the interviews with them in the next two days, six today and six tomorrow, maybe more if I have any call-backs. And then I have one more week to make the final decision. I think I've already made my decision who I want but I need to see who I need in a business sense.

*one hour later*

After two meeting I'm dreading my third. The first two were great but they were more boring in person than I expected. No smiles, no ideas to improve the business, nothing really stood out about them.

Walking into the meeting room for the last time today Leanne gives me a thumbs up and laughs at me when I put my finger up at her. Subtly of course. We both walk in; Robert and Sandra are already in their talking to the next applicant.

She looks a little more promising than the last two, she gets along well with Robert and Sandra which is good, and she doesn't seem to be faking her laughter or smiles.

"I'm Aven, Aven Thornton," I say formally, shaking her hand.

"Carrie, Carrie Wedgewood," she smiles, shaking my hand back.

*after the meeting*

So, Carrie was great, but she still seemed to not reach my expectation of what I wanted. I did give her a call-back for tomorrow, I want to discuss more with her without everyone else in the room.

Going back to my desk I decide to call Lenny back.

Caylen is my younger brother, I call him Lenny because he hates it. He's also the lawyer for Earth Energy.

"A-Rod!" He yells into my ear.

He calls me A-Rod because I hate it.

"Lenny," I greet him back, I can almost feel his smile fall when I don't sound as excited.

"What's going on A-Rod?" he asks.

"I'm just doing interviews for a new assistant, it's exhausting."

"Oh, my dear big brother, are they hot?"

Sensitive one he is.

"Shut up Lenny, that has nothing to do with if I hire them or not. What were you calling me for anyway?"

"Sorry I have to go."

He hung up on me? What the hell goes on in his head?

Before I have time to think about what he wanted I'm being tackled to the ground by the one and only idiot.

I groan as I push him off, fixing my hair that he managed to ruffle in the process.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask him

"Well, if you'd answered one of my calls this week, I would've told you I'm coming to visit you." He says, chuckling and dusting himself off as he gets off the floor.

"And why did you decide to bless me with your presence?"

"I wish it was for a fun reason, unfortunately I'm here on business. I was informed that there was some financial trouble and my presence was requested by dear Leanne. But while I'm here I could meet your new assistant when you hire them."

"Well, I'm done for the day. Do you want to come for dinner tonight with Leanne, Sandra, Robert and me?"

"If you insist," he laughs.

We finally hug as we leave my office, heading for the elevator. I let the others know that Caylen is coming with us for dinner tonight.

Ezekiel's POV:

Staring at the email, reading it over and over. I can't tell if I'm more scared or excited. Bailey is definitely excited.

I am mostly in shock. I got an interview tomorrow for the assistant role at Earth Energy. After my terrible first impression last week I can't believe he didn't just throw my application in the bin.

Maybe he just wants me to come so he can laugh in my face about how ridiculous it is that I, a gay guy, would even consider applying for a job like that.

Bailey has decided that we will go out for dinner tonight and then clubbing tomorrow night to celebrate. We would normally skip the dinner, but she has work tomorrow morning as it's only Thursday today, so dinner is more suitable. But she got this weekend off so Friday night clubbing it is.

We decided to go to 'Pete's Pizza Place'. It's our favourite. Good service, nice people, delicious food and good location.

I'm feeling good about today. Like things are actually going my way. I haven't bumped into Mr Thornton again and embarrassed myself or decreased my chances of getting this job. I actually think I would enjoy this job. For once, I'm hoping to get this job, but we're not going to tell Bailey that. She would never shut up about me admitting she was right.

I've decided to wear my black button up, black pants and light blue suspenders. I was thinking about doing something with my hair, but I need a lot more time than an hour to tame that beast. Bailey is wearing a red and white floral summer dress with a white turtleneck underneath, with some wedges. She has her hair out and it flows down to her mid back, the natural waves bobbing slightly as she talks. I put a hair-tie on my wrist, she'll need it when we're eating.

"We are not taking Barry." Bailey declares, stopping in her tracks when she sees me opening the door for her.

"Why not, Barry is part of this friendship." I say, closing the door with a big frown on my face.

"We can take my car, it's a lot nicer for going out for dinner."

"Well, you see," I say look at the ground, "your car is parked in the garage."

We both look over to the garage door, its shut. My car is parked in front of the door. I look over to her with the cheesiest smile I can manage.

"It just makes sense to take my car instead of moving it just to get yours out. And it means I get to drive you like a real gentleman."

She shakes her head, muttering something I can't hear under her breath.

"Fine we'll go in your car, but please drive sensibly, I don't want to ruin my hair."

I nod my head in agreement letting her in the car.

*10 minutes later*

"That's what makes you beautiful!" We sing together at the top our lungs, the windows down so that everyone can hear our phenomenal harmonies.