Chapter 13

Aven's POV:

There's a soft knock at my door before Ezekiel pops his head in, "is it ok if I come in?"

"Yes of course, you are allowed to let yourself in here anytime unless I have notified you otherwise."

"oh ok," he mutters, fiddling with his hands, "I just wanted to let you know that I finished your schedule organising and was wondering if I'm meant to send it to you or someone or if I just keep it?"

"You can send it to Sandra if you want, but that's your schedule. I have one but yours will stay as the most updated and you will have to let me know when meetings are and everything."

"Well, you have a meeting today at 1pm with Thomas in conference room 5."

"Ok thank you," I say, I nearly forgot I had that meeting today.

"Also, Z," I say, getting his attention before he leaves, "I have a business trip in I think it's three weeks?"

"The one to London?"

I nod my head agreeing. He has a good memory for something he just found out about today.

"Yes, it's the 13th today and you leave on the 3rd of July so that's in three weeks. What were you saying about it sorry?"

"I was wondering if you would be comfortable to go with me. I normally take my assistant on all my business trips but if you aren't comfortable with going away with me and my team then that's completely understandable, we've only known each other for just under a week and I don't want you to feel-"

"V," he says, cutting of my rant, "it's ok, I would love to go."

"oh," I say looking down, suddenly feeling shy for some reason, "great, that's great."

Wow. Real smooth Aven.

Why am I suddenly nervous?

"What did you want me to do next?"

"Well, what time was my meeting with Thomas?"

"In an hour, why?"

"Well maybe we can get Leanne, Sandra and Caylen into the meeting room and we can book the business trip and stuff?"

"Ok that sounds good, I can give Sandra a ring to come up, which room?"

"Meeting room on floor 24, thank you. I'll come with you to your office if that's ok and we can walk down together?"

Why did I say that? Why am I being so awkward and shy? Maybe he won't notice?

Ok Aven, pull it together, you're never nervous around anyone.

After my short pep talk to myself Ezekiel is hanging up the phone and smiling up at me. That's a good sign, I guess he's happy to walk together.

We're all in the meeting room discussing the business trip to London, Caylen will be staying here to look after the company for me.

"Hey V," Ezekiel whispers, leaning towards me, "we have to be at the meeting in 15 minutes should we go?"

"Yep, good plan," I whisper back, "is it ok if I don't call you Z in front of them, I want it to be our nicknames for each other, if that's not too weird?"

It's definitely too weird you idiot Aven.

"No that's not weird, I was actually thinking I want it to just be a me and you nickname thing as well," he says, blushing like crazy.

I laugh quietly with him, "I mean eventually we can say it in front of them of course, but for now I don't want it to catch on that that's what you like to be called by people if that makes sense?"