Chapter 28

Ezekiel's POV:

Screw it. I lied.

It's not that I don't like being just friends with him, it's just that I can imagine how great things would be if he felt the way I did.

The more I think about the incident in the bedroom yesterday morning. Then the lake when he pulled me in.

I nearly kissed him right there, but we all know I don't have the courage for that.

I want him all to myself. I want him to hold me whenever and wherever. I want to be able to fall asleep and wake up in his arms.

The only problem is that we're going back home today, so I've decided to prolong the wake up as long as possible.

By teasing him the way he teased me, and pretending I have no idea what I'm doing.

This should be fun.

Aven's POV:

I wake up to the familiar comfort of Ezekiel in my arms. I'm gonna miss this when we get back home, maybe we'll do sleepovers more often.

When I go to roll over to say good morning to Ezekiel, I realise the position we're in.

He fell asleep straddling me.

Like fully laying on top of me, legs on either side, straddling.

Shit.

How am I meant to hide it this time? He's going to notice.

Shit he's moving.

"Morning Z," I say, trying to sound as calm as possible.

He leans up and places a gentle kiss to my neck, "morning," he smiles up at me.

I remind myself to breathe before I open my mouth to speak, "is that as high as you can reach?" I say, trying to act normal.

He grins, and I think it's the cheekiest grin I've seen on his face since I've met him.

He leans up and kisses my cheek, which makes my cheeks heat up, and when he slowly slides himself back down onto my hips my whole face heats up. I can never thank my tan complexion enough for hiding it.

I hope he can't tell the effect he has on me, because then I'd have to explain why, and I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

"Did you sleep alright?" I say, taking deep breaths to calm my racing heartbeat.

He groans lightly and adjusts legs, making his hips move with him, so that he can put his chin down on my chest to look at me, "yeah, you're comfy."

I chuckle, hoping it comes across as calm, "I'm glad."

I move the hair out of his face, keeping my hand on his cheek, "you look cute with your hair like this," I say, loving being able to feel the warmth of his cheek on my hand.

He sits up suddenly, putting his hands on my chest, "I don't want to leave," he pouts.

I decide to just go along with whatever he's doing to me and put my hands on his thighs, "do you mean leave this holiday or," I squeeze his thighs ever so slightly, lowering my voice, "leave this bed?"

"Um-" he says, his face red again.

I chuckle at his reaction, loving that I can make him so flustered even though he has no idea the effect he has on me.

My laughing stops abruptly when he leans down, hands still on my chest, and holds himself just above me. If he leant any closer our noses would touch.

"I don't know, maybe both," he laughs softly and smiles.

Cheeky bastard. He definitely knows what he's doing.

I flip us over so that I'm holding him down, chuckling at his shocked face, and lean down just as close as he did and whisper, "maybe I feel the same."

Before I give him a chance to react, I hop off the bed and head to the shower before I couldn't stop myself any further.

Ezekiel's POV:

Well, that didn't go to plan. I still ended up more flustered than him.

But he was still flustered, even if he was trying to hide it, I heard the voice cracks and the sharp inhales when I moved.

And I don't know whether or not I was imagining it, but I think he was having a cold shower when he left, and I think I could feel the reason. Especially when I sat up or moved.

It was fun to tease him though, so I guess I know how to make the trip home go quicker.

What's the saying? Time flies when you're having fun.

This trip will be the quickest one yet.

*time skip*

I hop down the last step, walking over to everyone, "is there a meeting I wasn't aware of?"

"No, you just took forever to get ready," Bailey laughs, "but now you're here it's time to go."

I pout, "already?" I ask, looking at Aven.

"Yes, my love, already," he says softening his voice, stepping closer.

"But I'm not ready to leave yet," I put my arms around his neck, "are you sure you don't want to go back to bed?" I whisper to just him.

I hear him hold his breath for a few seconds before wrapping his arms around my waist and whispering back to me, "I would love to go back to our bed, spend some more quality time with you," he gets even closer to my ear, "but I guess we'll have to get more creative with our quality time at home."

He chuckles when I don't have a response to that, and I can feel that my face is definitely bright red.

"Alright lover boys, I'd like to at least get to the car," Leanne says making Aven chuckle.

I move my hands off his neck but his never move from my waist. I try to turn around so he can't see how much I'm blushing, but he just pulls my back against his chest.

Bailey grabs my hand and pulls me away from him, practically dragging me to the car. When I look back to apologise to Aven he has the biggest frown on his face.

Guess I'm not the only clingy one. 

"Did I miss a couple episodes or something?" Bailey asks me once we get to the car.

"What?" I laugh, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"If Leanne and I didn't say anything I think you guys would've actually started sucking each other's faces off or something," she laughs.

I slap her arm but don't have time to say anything before the rest of the crew start piling into the car after us.

The plane was less exciting and felt a lot longer than I wanted it to be. Leanne made Aven and I sit separately because she didn't want us "mating like rabbits" as she said. I wish someone had gotten a photo of Aven's face; I think his eyes were going to fall out of his head.