Chapter 22

Ezekiel's POV:

When we finally got home from the trip, I felt relieved, not that I didn't enjoy it, I just really missed Bailey.

I already miss being in Aven's arms, it was probably the best sleep I've had in months.

The reunion with Bailey was as teary as you'd imagine it to be, followed by me filling her in on every detail of the trip.

After that the past few weeks have flown past. The six of us all becoming close, and they're now like my second family.

It's been almost a month and my birthday has snuck up on me, I still can't believe I'm going to be 23 in 3 days.

We're planning a trip to Aven and Caylen's family cabin for my birthday on the 28th. Aven assured me that it will be fine if we miss a couple of days of work so we're leaving on the 26th, tomorrow, and we get back on the 30th.

I don't even remember telling him when my birthday is, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bailey told them all.

"Z?" Aven calls out, waving his hand in front of my face, bringing me out of my trance. "You alright my love?" he asks.

I don't exactly remember when he started using this nickname, but I will never admit it to anyone how much I love it.

"Yeah I'm alright, I'm just worried about how much work I'm going to need to catch up on because some people insist on dragging me away for some occasion." I say, acting as grumpy as I can.

"Aww Z, don't be mad, I'm sure those people just care about you and want you to have a good birthday."

There's a loud noise that echoes from his desk indicating that someone is trying to get into his office, followed by a loud knock.

"Hey, you two, go home and pack for the trip," Leanne's voice calls out from behind the door, "Sandra and I can lock up."

Aven opens the door, the two of them having a quiet discussion before he turns to me, gesturing that it's time for us to leave.

"You know," I say once we're in the elevator, "I am actually really excited to go away with all of you."

He just smiles at me, "I know."

*time skip*

We finally arrive at the cabin, the car ride being agonisingly long. And the view is spectacular. I wouldn't even call it a cabin, it's a gorgeous house that just happens to feature wood. It's looking out over a lake surrounded by trees, and I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before.

"So," Aven says breaking Bailey and I out of the trance we were in, "the bed situation."

"What about it?" Bailey asks.

"Well, there's six of us, but only four bedrooms."

"I mean Sandra and I were planning on staying together anyway," Leanne says with a shrug.

"Bailey and I can stay together and then you two can have the two separate rooms," I say, smiling at Aven when our eyes meet.

"That would be awesome, I don't particularly enjoy his snoring," Aven says, gesturing towards his brother.

We all make our way through the door, the inside looking just as spectacular as the outside. There are shouts from everyone but Aven and I as they're claiming rooms.