Chapter 11

Ezekiel's POV:

"Your butt looks phenomenal in those pants!" Bailey yells when I do a spin, this is the third set I've tried on.

I got one white and one navy-blue set because they are essential, and I already have a black set that I adore. Now I can't decide between the light blue or the maroon set. Bailey loves the light blue, but I already have light blue clothing, maroon would be a new colour palette in my closet.

"I think I like the maroon better."

"Ok Zeke, if that's what you feel better in then we'll get that one."

"Why did you say it like that?"

"Like what," she says, tilting her head acting innocent, her voice higher and sweeter than normal. That can't be good.

"Ok well, I'm going to get the white, navy and maroon."

"Sounds good, I'm just going to have a quick...browse while you pay," she says, pausing on the word browse. So, she's not browsing, what would she be doing though? "I'll meet you outside once you pay."

"Are you going to tell me why?"

"No, probably not."

Once I pay and get my suits bagged, I walk outside to wait for Bailey. I watch as she walks up to the counter, a big smile on her face, and she hands something over to the lady behind the counter. I don't remember her trying anything on. Peering in further, probably looking very suspicious, I see a light blue fabric behind put in a bag.

She did not.

"Ok, ready for the next shop?"

"What's in the bag Bails?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

"Did you buy the light blue suit?"

"Pfft, no, why would I need a light blue suit? Anyway, your birthday's coming up soon, what's the date today?" she says looking at her phone, answering her own question, "it's the 11th of June so we have a month and 17 days till the 28th of July, right? Maybe you'll find out then."

"Bailey if you spent that much money on my birthday present, I will cry."

"Ezekiel, you spent more on my birthday, don't be a hypocrite."

"Bails," I drag out the 's', "that's different because it's for you, and you've done so much for me and you deserve it, whereas all I've done is be a burden and make you move out of home three years before you wanted to."

"Zeke," she says, grabbing my cheeks, "you have done so much for me, you are my best friend, my little brother, you deserve so much, and if I can spend some extra money to get you something that you look phenomenal in then I will, ok," she finishes her rant moving her face away from mine again, "if you ever assume you are a burden to me again you will get slapped."

"Bails, you're going to make me cry."

"Good. Now, onto the next shop. We need to get you some party and outer-wear."

Doing a quick google search to find a sustainable brand here that sells the styles that we want we end up at 'Gloria Town'.

"That outfit on the mannequin would look really good on you."

*time skip- after they bought 3 'night out' outfits and two pairs of 'smart shoes'*

"Home time?" Bailey looks over at me, giving me her best puppy dog eyes.

"That sounds amazing. Want to watch a movie when we get home and I can make us early dinner at like 5?"

"What shall we watch?"

"Grease or Dirty Dancing?"

"Or we could watch a movie we haven't watched before?"

"But they're my favourites."

"Fine but next time I'm choosing."

"Deal."

Aven's POV:

"Aven, that's the fourth time I've caught you looking at the clock in the last 30 minutes what is going on? You should be enjoying your Saturday you don't have a hangover and you're here with all of us." Leanne says, waving her hand in front of my face to get my attention.

"Sorry guys, I'm just tired." I lie, I just want time to go faster. Ezekiel starts training on Monday and I'm so excited to see him again. "I might head home, sorry."

"We'll come with you," Sandra cuts in, "We could watch a movie at yours or something?"

"That actually sounds great," Leanne says.

"Ok, we can do that but I'm choosing the movie." I say with a smile on my face, walking towards the car park.

"As long as we don't have to watch Grease again," Caylen says.

"Excuse me Lenny, but your opinion is not wanted here," I stop walking to turn around and look at him, "I hope you're aware that Grease is my favourite movie. I was going to choose something else but now you mention it, I'm really in the mood to watch Grease."

"I hate you."

"Love you too."