Chapter 8

Ezekiel's POV:

I'm an idiot.

Why the hell did I hold his hand?!

I was doing so well in my interview and I had to go and ruin it because I wanted to hold his hand.

I'm surprised he didn't flinch away and kick me out right that second.

He was obviously lying when he said I did very well, he didn't want to hurt my feelings which is nice, I guess. I hope his next call-back meeting goes better.

He held the door open for me, like the gentleman he is, and I don't think he even heard my thank you. He probably thinks I'm such an ungrateful jerk.

And to top off the terrible meeting I try to walk out, saying my final goodbyes to Aven, and I walk into the damn window instead of the door. Luckily, he didn't make a big deal out of it or laugh, which means he might've not seen it. Hopefully.

Starting my car up and leaving the Earth Energy parking for the last time, I laugh quietly to myself.

I laugh at how stupid I was to think I had a chance. I laugh at how my car doesn't even fit in with the rest of the carpark. I laugh at how stupid I was to think people as amazing as that team would even want to be seen in public with someone like me. Someone who looks like me. Someone who acts like me. Someone so naïve that they actually applied for an amazing job like that thinking they had a chance.

I mean, at least I know the gay thing wasn't a problem, they actually have a really good representation within their company, which makes me feel a tiny bit better.

I pull into the driveway at home, shocked to see Bailey's car.

She's home early.

"Honey, I'm home!" I yell out when I walk through the door.

She crashes into me, hugging me tightly.

"I'm so proud of you!" she yells into my ear, "you got a call-back meeting!"

I'm glad she's happy but she's acting like I was the only one who got a call-back.

"Are you looking forward to tonight?" she says pulling back from the hug, "we're going clubbing!" she jumps up excitedly.

A big smile spreads across my face, I love nights out with Bailey.

*time skip- they're getting ready*

Bailey walks into my rooms, showing off her new dress. She looks phenomenal.

The navy-blue silk slip dress sitting perfectly on her body and the low neckline complimenting her too. The black heels with the short dress making her legs look like they go on for days, as short as she is.

I'm going to have to look after her tonight, especially when she looks that amazing.

I look down at my outfit, felling under-dressed in my black, high-waisted dress pants, with the light blue button up. I tried to make it look better by opening up a few top buttons and rolling up the sleeves to my elbows, but I still don't look as good as Bailey.

Swapping my shirt for a patterned button up and styling it the same. Adding a necklace, I think I'm happy with this outfit. I put on my vans and we head out the front.

Bailey looks over at me and smiles. I moved my car out of the way so we could take hers, she walks over to her car not looking back at me. It's a shame I already ordered an uber.

When I call out her name to come over to the uber, the look on her face makes me fear for my life.

"Neither of us will be able to drive home Bails," I say to hopefully calm her down.