Chapter 10

Today is the 31st of October. Halloween. The girls and I have made the tradition that before dinner in the Great Hall we would go for a walk and drinking a Butterbear in Hogsmeade. However, today everyone was had their own plans what left me and Nila alone. Lu was meeting Rosier, Prim had a party with Gryffindors and Amber, God knows what she's up to, she just didn't show up.
„I guess that leaves the two of us, huh", I nod to Nila who was waiting with me in the Entrance Hall. She nods and we head or way to Hogsmeade. We spent a nice evening together and chattet a lot.

Nila and I are making our way back to the Slytherin common room. „I do not really have the time to stay at the party, I have to get up early", I say, „and I'm probably not really welcome either..", I look down at my shoes. „That's alright Joy, I'll stay upstairs with you!", Nila reassures me and we go upstairs to our dorm. Nila magically brews two teas and comes to sit next to me in bed: „Listen Joy, I know I haven't probably been fairest to you these days... if you have secrets and feel like you can't tell me, that is fine! Just know, I am here for you!", Nila forces a little smile.
I take a sip from my tea. „Thank you Nila, I appreciate that.. actually, I want to tell you... but I better just show you."
I put my mug on the nightstand and close my eyes, a second later, Nila found me sitting on her bed across the room. Her mouth falls open: „no one can disaparate in Hogwarts!"
I disaparate back to my bed: „I know it's not usual... we found out eventually that my abilities are a bit stronger than those of usual wizards or witches...", I explain with shyly.
Nila gets up: „This is amazing! What else can you do!? Why is this a secret? Joy you could be the strongest witch in the world!"
I get up as well: „Shhh", I order with my hands to demonstrate her that she should be quite. „It is a secret for a reason, only few people know. Nila you need to promise me not to tell anyone!!".
Nila nodded slowly and sat back down. „So show me! What else can you do?", she whispered.
Till late into the night I showed her a lot of tricks that I could do, especially the magic without wand was super fun.

The next Morning
„Hey Joy!", I turn around and see Amber jogging in my direction. Out of breath, she hugs me. „Hey Amber, how was your Halloween?". but soon I realise that something is wrong. Her face is red, she always has that when she is stressed. „I'm actually glad I still caught you here. I'm on the way to Dumbledore's office. My parents are picking me up, I'm leaving".
My heart skips a beat: „what- but why?"
„It's not safe here, you know who, it's not safe.", she stutters, „They're already under us, more and more families are turning to him. And you know who they're after. I'm not safe here", she refers to muggleborns and halfbloods that are being chased by Voldemort and his supporters. She talks panically her eyes fill with tears and I take her into a hug. „But it is no where safer than here Amber, with Dumbledore looking over us", but she slightly shakes her head, pulls out of the hug and takes my hands into her. „Take care Joy, I love you" „I love you too Amber", my eyes fill with tears. She walks past me to leave. I turn around quickly. „But where are you going? Where are you safe?", I stumble and a tear makes its way down my cheek. „Oh Joy", she whined and hugs me again. I watch her leave while she walks down the long corridor. With my sleeve, I wash away the tears on my face leaving an unpleasant wetness. Amber isn't the first student leaving Hogwarts in fear, each day parents decide that their kids are not safe here.

I turn around the page of my book for Ancient Runes class. The library sits full, but I was happy to still found my favourite spot at the window empty. This chair was just more comfortable than others and the spot was in the back of the library, so that people I know usually overlook me. Sadly, a view close friends knew where my spot is and so it was no wonder to me that I was found.
"Joy?", Lucius says to bring my attention to him, "let's study together!", he takes a seat next to me. He played it cool, I however thought he was still mad about the thing that happened in the Great Hall. "I thought you were mad at me?", I ask cautiously but he shakes his head while taking a book out of his bag, "no, I talked to Nila, she had some pretty good arguments, so I couldn't stay mad at you!", he continues to browse through his book. "You know I love you, right?", he now looks at me. For a short second I was shook and my eyebrows lifted, but my face managed to push through a faked smile: "sure!". This seems to be enough for him as he just smiles and looks in his book again. That came really out of a sudden. An odd feeling spreads in me. Nila hasn't told him anything, right?

Nila's P.o.v.
When Joy fell asleep, I knew that I had to sort my priorities. Is it the well being of my family or of my friends?
Ever since the first day at Hogwarts, Joy and Lucy were my friends, no one could have known that things would develop this way.
I make my way down the stairs to the common room, where I see Lucius dancing with the Lestrange girl, obviously drunk. I feel rage floating my body. I manage to get Lucius' attention through eye contact and direct him to meet me outside.

"What is it?", he snaps.
"First of all, would you please stop flirting with other girls!?"
"Oh and with Joy that's allowed?", he laughs drunk.
"You know that that is not the point, Lucius!"
"Is that all?", he tips over and takes my hand, "we could go to my dorm, y' know!".
I shake him: "There is something we need to report!". I take a look around to make sure we are alone, but the corridors are emptied. I continue whispering: "something that I'm sure of our lord would like to know!".
All of the sudden, Lucius stands upright and does not seem drunk at all anymore. I take a deep breath: "it's about Joy".
"Do you think he will finally reward us?", he grins.
"Oh, I'm sure!", I smile, pushing all the doubt away that I still have in my mind. Lucius leans back against the wall, looking me deep in the eyes. His hand moves towards my face, leading a hair string behind my ear and leaning into a kiss.