Chapter 2

„Was it Lucius?", asked Amber a bit off. "No it was not Lucius!", said Nila in an angry voice."Remember, earlier this summer, how Joy said  he was not able to come to the ball!", explained Lucy to Amber's confused face, which just mumbled a "oh yes". "Yes, she didn't say why though!", said Prim and with that all eyes moved to Joy. "I don't even know myself! Apparently, there was a party, that was more important than this one.", she stumbled. "More important than THE ball of all time?", Prim said. "Leave him already!", Amber moaned. "Yes, yes you guys always say that! But he wasn't the only one who left me there on my own!", her eyes filled with guilt switched between Lucy and Nila. "Come on Joy, you know that I always visit my family in July! It was not my fault that they postponed it to August!", she argued.
Joy nodded, looking to Lu, leaving room for her explanation. „You know where I was..", she looked down ashamed. Everyone starts laughing. „It's fine Lu! In the end I turned out to have a pleasant evening too". Everyone starred at her with big eyes, then she realised what she had said. „Ohhh no no no no not in this way!!". Everyone laughed.
„Uhm, so where did I stop?"

Flashback to the night:
Someone cleared his throat behind me and I flinched. „As I see, my favourite place is already occupied". I turned around and looked into a pair of eyes that was shiny in reflection of the water fountain through his glasses. He smiled, I smiled back. „Mind if I join you?", he asks and I shook my head, too perplex to say something. He comes over and sits down on the other side of the bench: „Are you fleeing the party as well?" „Yess oh my", I giggled, „my parents chose my partner for tonight", I said and rolled my eyes. „Oh I understand", he laughs,"not your type?". I laughed as well.
We laughed together all evening and talked about the craziest stuff. We decided to go for a walk through the garden. We walked next to each other in silent, and once in a while our hands brushed one another.
„Are you excited to go back to Hogwarts?", I asked him, looking up to him from the side. He was looking into the sky, while walking next to me. He formed a smile on his face,"yes I'm super excited!", he stopped walking and looked at me. „What about you?", he asked in a soft voice. Eventually, we were standing quite close to each other and I couldn't breathe. I nodded and whispered out a „super happy" as he came closer to lean into a kiss.

„AND THEN YOU KISSED?!", Amber shouted out, taking me back to reality. „Don't you directly want to announce it in the Daily Prophet!?" I snapped to her in a lower voice, looking whether other people in the shop Heard- Amber, to find out that luckily, no one listened. Everyone else had a wide wide grin on their faces and my face turned red, I covered it in my hands. „That sounds so dreamy!", says Prim on cloud 7 herself and all the girls agreed with her. „Poor Lucius!", said Nila. Everyone looked at her confused, she laughed fakely but the others joined her laughter: „So, who is he, your dreamy kisser?", Nila took everyone back to reality . I just nodded my head, „I don't really know, I never caught his name". „As if!", Prim answered and Lu suggested: „but when he is a Hogwarts student, you must have seen him before!". „Ja, I mean I have, but I really can't remember his house or something", I stumbled, „I mean you know I don't engage that much with other houses". „where there any other than Slytherins anyway?", Prim interposed. „hm, good point Prim", Amber said, but Lu interrupted: „yes there are! In general it is more of a pureblood party", she laughed. I rolled my eyes:  „I can't believe that my parents still want us to engage in that stuff or that any people do in general". „Well you know them proud proud purebloods and them dirty dirty mudbloods!", answered Prim, being a Muggle born herself, ironically and laughed. Everybody joined her laughter, except for me, these words stuck in my head.

As everyone finished their ice cream, we started our annual school supply shopping. Even though one might think that this is boring, we always make such a blast out of it.
In Flourish & Blotts, the Bookstore, we separated our ways and everyone browsed through the shelves. I was just looking at the new issue of ‚Phantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them', when I saw Lucius entering the shop. His eyes directly fell on me and he came into my direction.
„Hi Joy!", he takes me into a hug, which I return, „Heyy, are you busy shopping?", I smiled at him, he nodded. He looked at the books in my hand, „phantastic beasts huh, is an okay book, wouldn't spend too much time on it if I where you!", he smiled and gave me a kiss on my forehead. I press out a forced smile.
„Hey Lucius!", Nila came from behind and hugged him.
„Anyway, I have to go back, my parents are waiting", he points with his hand to the entrance of the shop. I just nodded with a light smile, „see you tomorrow".