Chapter 4

„Well yes Lucius, actually", I show to the back, „i have to get back now, the girls are probably looking for me." „Okay", he smiled, „I'll hold you a seat at the ceremony!" I nodded with a forced smile and left. On my way back my thoughts circled around that short conversation with James, what made him run away like that?
As I entered the compartment, the girls were occupied in a deep conversation. I pass them to sit down at my window seat. In thoughts I look out of the window. The train now was on top of a bridge and me seeing down in over 200m deep canyon. „What is wrong?", Lu grasps me out my thoughts.
„It was James", I mumble. „What was James? The one that kept you from buying candy?", Prim asked. „No, I mean yes, but no the guy from the party, it was James", I said looking to my hands. „It was James!?", Prim screams in excitement. „It was James!?", Nila repeated in disgust. „Ja but I guess that's history", I look into my hands sadly. „But the story was sooo romantic!", Amber dreams. „Yeah but he's an asshole anyway", Nila answers. „He wasn't that evening, he was so kind", I responded. „But wait, what makes him asshole to you Joy?", Lu said. „Yeah right something must have happened for it to be „history"", Prim says and at the word history forms quotation marks with her fingers. „Well I'm not sure, nothing really happened, he was just weird", I started explaining but got interrupted by Prim: „wait weird? I saw that smile that he gave you when he left the compartment!", she winks. „I think she wasn't finished with explaining Prim", Lu said. „Oh"
„Uhm ja, I mean at the corridor he came towards me and said he wanted to talk about something but then something, idk, his face changed and then he just left", I finish explaining. „What a coakroach", Nila mumbles quietly. „He just left, without saying anything?", Amber asks. „Well he said ‚nevermind'", I explain. „Maybe he was just too shy?" Amber suggests. Lu laughs sarcastically: „Potter and shy, no". „I'll talk to him!", Prim gets up. „no no no no", I get up just as quick and push her back into her seat:" Please don't". „Well maybe later", Prim grins but I give her a ‚don't you dare' look.

When we arrived at the station it was already dark outside. We took our time in leaving the train as everyone is always so pushy on the corridor and platform.
Waiting for a carriage we hear „Joy, Nila, Lucy! Join us!". Lucius called us as he climbed on a carriage.
„Guess we'll see you later", Lu said smiling to Prim and Amber. „See you!", „Bon appetit!"
We go over to the waggon were Lucius and some of his friends already have taken a seat. Looking at me, Lucius indicates me to sit next to him.
The carriage starts riding. „I really don't understand why you hang with them!", says Lucius disgusted and looks back to where Prim and Amber stand in line with some friends of their houses. Following his gaze, I see Prim and Amber standing with Sirius.. and James. Both shortly returned Lucius look but then James eyes shortly crossed mine before both of us looked away.
„Yeah you're probably right Lucius...", Nila said while looking into her hands. With that she snapped me out of my thoughts. Lu and I exchange looks of being shook and at the same time disappointed of what Nila just has said. Then we tried to just ignore it.

In the Great Hall, I warm up a bit and my mood feels lightened as well. I even manage to laugh to some of Lucius' jokes as long as they were not insulting any other people especially not my friends or the poor first years.
The ceremony of the Sorting Hat begins now and after some students it is finally my brother's turn. „LOGAN MACGEE!", Professor McGonagall calls and I can tell how nervous my brother is. I lift myself in my seat, thinking that I'm probably just as nervous as he is. Crossing my thumbs in my fist, I feel Lucius hand in my back, rubbing for comfort. And it kinda helps. He seems to take so much time before the sorting hat finally screams out: „GRYFFINDOR!". I jump up, applauding my brother and gaining a lot of weird looks from the whole Slytherin table, but I don't care. All the Gryffindor table jumped up as well and I see how Prim takes my brother into a hug. With tears in my eyes I sit down again and my eyes meet my brothers. I show him my two thumbs up and he responds with a big grin on his face. Looking at the people around me, Lucius just tries to force a smile into his face, but I already know that he would have preferred my brother in Slytherin, but I am happy for Logan.

After the sorting, Dumbledore stands up on the podium to hold his speech. „First of all I want to welcome you all back to Hogwarts! Welcome!", he says and an applause goes through the hall, „though, as in every year there is not just pleasure and fun but also hard work expected from you! Last year, Slytherin has met the great success of winning the house cup-„, the Slytherin's cut Dumbledore's speech with applause and cheer. „Yes yes Slytherin good job, but now... now all points are reset to zero and everyone is guaranteed the same chance of winning the house cup". Now everyone applauds, the Slytherin's a bit quieter now. „In newest addition to Hogwarts and to remind those who have already been here, I'm telling you: Keep away from the forest, it is forbidden to every student to enter!"
Then I zoom out, rules are the same each an every year, but after some minutes Lu pushes me on the side indicating me to listen to Dumbledore: „you might have all heard of the fear arousing events that happen throughout the wizarding world, fear not as Hogwarts will keep you safe and sound! I wish y'all an informative year here and Hogwarts and bon Appetit!", he claps his hand twice and dinner appears on the tables. Exchanging a worried look with Lu we both slowly start to eat.