Chapter 17: Prim's struggle

PRIM P.O.V.

Prim was asked to come to the headmaster's office just when she was about to enter the potions classroom, her last class before midday. Before, she was already thinking about skipping the class anyway, to go after Joy. She stormed out of Divination class without further notice. For longer already, Joy was a reason for worry to Prim. She was her best friend and happens to be in a lot of trouble, but everyone in the world had trouble now, with the Dark Lord arising and Prim just as Joy, was worried for her family and friends as well. Joy did not always take that into account, but Prim never wronged Joy for that as she would really not want to switch situations with her.  But since the incident at the lake yesterday, Prim was even more worried, and Joy even weirder.

"Prim, you coming?", Marlene stood at the door of potions class. 

"I have to arrange something, I'll see you at the Great Hall for lunch!", Prim smiles at her and left for Dumbledore's office. 

Professor Dumbledore knew of the incident at the lake already and little incidents of Joy's magic here and there, all without Prim telling him. But Prim obliged herself to the Order of the Phoenix a week ago, when her parents visited Hogwarts on Professor Dumbledore's demand. "Fighting for the right side", he called it. Prim was sure, that if her parents trusted him, she could trust him because he indeed was the greatest wizard alive. 

Prim did not get a lot of information from Dumbledore, but he assured her that it was of high importance that he would know of Joy's activities and magic, however small the incident might be. But, every time that Prim reported something, she had the feeling that Dumbledore already knew, and she couldn't grasp how. 

Now, she was standing in Professor Dumbledore's office. Joy had just run out, Prim jogged after her to the door but Dumbledore stopped her: "She needs time". 

Prim went downstairs just seconds after Joy's Mom had neglected Dumbledore's advice. She is worried about Joy, but now she feels guilty. Guilty of supporting the man that wants to make a weapon out of Joy, her best friend. But Prim reassures herself, without Dumbledore and without Joy, the Order of the Phoenix would not stand a chance against you know who. 

****

Prim stands lost in the corridor, just a few meters away from Joy and her mom, watching them hug. Logan nudges Prim's side and she puts her arm around his shoulder. "What is it?", he asked. 

"Nothing", I force a smile at him, " she just missed her Mom". 

Logan nods and turns around as his dad approached, just to jump into his arms seconds after. "Hey, little wizard!", Mr. MacGee said to Logan. 

She makes her way over to Joy, who just let loose of her mom. "Joy... I'm sorry... I should've t-"

"Oh leave it", Joy interrupts her. Joy's mom lets out a sigh: "Joy... don't be so harsh", she brushes a strand of hair out of Joy's face, "Prim only meant well... you're best friends!"

Joy sighs "I'suppose", she nudges a very little smile, it felt like a stone fell off Prim's chess, "but you better tell me everything from now on". 

Prim nods quickly, "promise". 

"How about we start with Sirius?!", Joy grins wide and raises an eyebrow.Prim could feel her face turn all red and a wide grin comes across her face: "And what about Potter?". Joy strongly shakes her head. 

"The Potter one?!", Joy's mom now looks at her with a wide grin as well. "No no no no", Joy responds quickly. All three now laugh. 

"Mom!", Logan now hugs her mom from the side. "Hey youuu!", she grins wide.