Chapter 1

As Joy woke up in the morning, the summer sun was shining through her window.
It was Friday and 3 days left till she would go back to Hogwarts, but today was an important day too. She's going to meet her best friends at the Diagon Alley in order to shop their school supplies for the following year and to catch up on each other's happenings during the summer vacation.

When she was ready she apparated.
As she arrives at their meeting point Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour Joy is as always the first one to be there, so she sat down at their usual table and ordered a mint tea, her favourite.
In a 2 minutes rhythm one after one came and joined her. First to appear was Lu, then Ambers, then Prim. Nila was as always the last one, 11 in the morning is for holidays and weekends no normal time, and in the middle of the night, if we follow her sayings.

After the waiter brought their ice cream to the tables the chit chat began and one after another spills the tea. "What about you Joy?", asked Prim. "Yes Joy! You haven't said anything yet!"
Joy's tongue was burning to say something and to tell them about THE night, but she was so unsure if she should. If it would change something, she knew her friends wouldn't blame her, rather be happy for her.. but still, she was unsure.
As she comes back to reality, she sees everyone staring at her, she didn't realised she'd zoomed off for so long.
"So, something interesting happened!", Nila smirks. "No, no.."
"Tell us, right now!", said Amber. "Yes, tell us", the others joined her.
"Tell us!"
"Common Joy!"
"What happened??"
"Joy!"
"Okay... okay fine I'll tell you!", she gave up and the other sighed, "Hallelujah", says Nila.
"I don't know where to start... you guys remember when my parents were invited to this fancy ball I had to join?", she starts and everyone nods, „the one all arrogant Slytherins attend', moaned Prim, wherefore Nila punched her side. "Yes, we shopped the dress together!", Lu winks.
"Yup, exactly this", I reply, "it was so beautiful.... anyway!
This evening we went to the manor, where the ball took place and my parents had arranged me a date... they told me only before we entered... you guys can imagine how pissed I was, but they insisted on it, and so I had no other chance than to spend the whole f* evening with him... and believe me when I say he was awful... he tried, but he failed... while dinner I could hear him eat and when we had to dance he stepped on my toes.. I told him that I would rather than dancing with him prefer to sit down and just talk... so we sat down and talked and honestly he talked my ear off.
I dunno I think we were there for 5 hours already... I said I was thirsty in order for him to go and get something to drink, but no.. that idea didn't come to his head, so I said I had to use the bathroom and I just went out into the garden where he hopefully wouldn't find me for the rest of the night."
"Poor him!", Prim laughs and everyone joins her laughter.
"Wait, wait", Joy interrupts them, "that was the funny part... but actually the, I think, more interesting part is only yet to come..."
"Now I'm curious", Amber grins.
"As I said down on a bench and watched the stars, someone cleared his throat in front of me... I totally flinched."