Chapter 8

I miss the days when I thought that boys were icky and I'd catch coodies from them. I remember they would chase me around the school yard trying to tag me with their muddy hands, but then events happened that forced me to be homeschooled.

The constant thought of it is terrifying but it's hard to live with. Of course I experience symptoms of PTSD but I refuse to believe I have it. Anyways, that's not what we're talking about.

Boys.

Boys are so frustrating, they're attractive and sweet and protective...well some of them. But one idiotic move from them keeps second guessing, I wish I didn't have this many problems, I wish I didn't make Ross do this. But hey, I need to know if he actually cares about me.

Ross so far has written me a note apologizing and left it in my locker, carried my books for me, played a boom box outside of my window, which was romantic and annoying at the same time considering it was 12am. And, my personal favorite, bought me heart shape chicken nuggets. (And they were delicious might I add) it's been 3 days since our argument and I don't know if I should forgive him

"Should I forgive him" I approach my brunette best friend "up to you" she shrugs "that's a lot of pressure" I whine "um what has he done for you?" I name off the gestures to her "Yes you should" she smiles "really?" I smile wide "Yeah, he actually doesn't seem too bad. He makes you happy and is super romantic. You should forgive him." She smiles with her mouth closed

"Where is he?" I ask nervously "I don't know" she ties her hair back effortlessly, I see his friend Alex passing in the hallway so I run up to him "where's ross?" I say quickly "I don't know" he bites his bottom lip "seriously" I groan "I think he's sick" he stares at my chest area "my eyes are up here" I roll my eyes and walk away 

After several minutes of walking around like a child who lost their mom in a super market I finally see Ross, he has his usual messy hair and a Jean jacket on top of a faded nirvana top I instantly get butterflies and regrets of doing this. With sweaty palms I make my way over to him. Our eyes lock and I whipe my palms on my jeans.

"I forgive you," I say nervously "but I have so much planned" he smiles and blushes "I've made up my mind, I forgive you" I smirk "I knew it" he smiles wider "I wanna hug you" he admits fixing just hair "oh don't even" I tease "you'll die" I giggle "I'll take that risk" he winks "no" I say sternly  "yes" he reaches out "no!" I run away and he chases after me, he grabs my hand and pulls me into a tight hug sending billions of feelings through my body that I can't describe, I feel releaved, amazed, scared, sad, happy and like bursting into tears right there "Ross!" I finally say "I know" he picks me up and spins me around Like something out of the movies "oh my gosh" I laugh "Laura" Ross looks me know the eyes without letting me answer he crashes his lips into mine sending the same feelings through my body. We last for a couple minutes kissing that reminded me of Augustus waters and hazel grace's first kiss know the Anne Frank house "I can't believe it" Ross says "will you be my girlfriend?" He blushes "of course" we break our hug after what seemed like forever, I noticed that the whole school was looking at us surprised. Of course same girls seem jealous and others seem in shock "come with me Ross I have to tell lily" I grab his hand and run to where I assume lily is (the library because she's a total nerd and knows it) "lily!" I race into the library "look!" Me and Ross stand holding hands. She doesn't get it at first but then her jaws drop "oh my gosh Laura" she jumps up and hugs me instantly falling into a pile of dust I try to speak but I can't. This doesn't make since, Ross and I can touch, but lily just disappeared right before my eyes. Tears start pouring out of my eyes and I hug Ross who is also speechless "I don't understand" I cry "I don't either" he strokes my hair "this is so unfair" I sob loudly "I know" he continues to stroke my hair "I hate this"
A/N so I've decided that I'm not going to care about the length of my chapters, of course I don't want them to be insanely short however it's hard to write a long chapter since I'm just a beginner at writing. I will not change up my style of writing unless I get numerous complaints. I know I've said several times I'll make the next chapter longer but it's really hard without getting the chapters mushed if that makes since or changing time periods which I don't like doing (I'm sorry if you don't understand that part)