Chapter Thirty-Three: Juniper Channing

Getting ready with the women when we have a time limit is actually extremely stressful. I'm fine doing my own makeup and hair, that is not the problem, it's the fact that I have to be in the room with three Mafia dons along with an entire club of bikers. Not something I ever thought I'd be a part of and my dad would have a seizure if he could see me now.

I got access to the mirror first, thank God, so I've already done my hair and makeup while the others scramble to do so. I think this is why Lexie is considering an extension for this room alone, if we get any more women we're gonna hurt each other. I narrowly avoid getting burned by Riley's straighteners as I head to the wall of wardrobes to pick something to wear for today.

Lexie says we all have to dress up to make people jealous or something, I wasn't really listening because I can't concentrate on anything but putting my mascara on at the time. I have almost been blinded by the stuff before and I wasn't risking it in front of these phenomenal women. Instead of going all out as Lexie suggested, I just grab a pair of black jeans that give me the hourglass figure with a black cropped cardigan that reveals a little more of my cleavage than I'm used to.

I slip on some gold jewellery and spritz on some Chanel perfume before selecting some heeled boots that add about six inches to my height. I sigh in relief at having finished before everyone else and I snuggle up on the couch as I watch the others race to meet the deadline of ten am. They have about twenty more minutes and then they're fucked.

Riley is next to finish, most likely happy to escape the craziness that is Lexie when she's running late. "Come on, love, let's go get some food before I starve." She links my arm with hers and leads me out of the room, completely bypassing all of the men that turned around to see us. I snort softly at Boulder's disgruntled face and launch myself at the refrigerator in excitement. "I think we have candy somewhere."

"It's nine am?" I look over my shoulder to figure her out and she just smiles and points to the cupboard to the right of where I'm stood. "Ooh! Lollipops." I grab myself strawberries and cream one because they are superior while Riley asks for a cherry one. "I don't think I've had candy for breakfast since my sixth birthday."

"Well, there's always a time to try new things. Don't worry, I'll get you eating unhealthy as soon as possible." I laugh and stick the sweet treat in my mouth, following Riley to the lounge seconds later. Asa glares at my mouth as I suck the lolly and I find his tense look very amusing. Instead of sitting on him, like I usually do, I sit down next to Raphael which just makes Asa angrier.

"Whatcha looking at?" I lean my head on his shoulder and study the newspaper in front of him.

"Just checking the news, thankfully the fucking school principal has stopped writing about our son." He wraps his arm over my shoulders and tucks me in close to him as he explains everything to me about little Ollie and the troubles he's been getting with the school.

"Hey, everything is gonna be fine. That boy has the best parents in the world, I promise he's gonna surpass the lot of us." Raphael chuckles in agreement, his eyes lovingly looking over at Romeo who is playing cards with Ollie a few feet away. "Are you two ever going to get married? I can be your best man... woman... friend?"

His soft eyes turn to me this time as I look up at him with a smile. "I want to, I just don't know when. It's been a long time coming but he is only twenty-three, I don't know if he's ready for that." I sigh and look over at Romeo.

"I don't know... I mean he's raising your son, living in your house, wearing your property patch, and has your name tattooed in his skin but yeah, he might not be ready." I joke playfully and he tickles me in response.

"Okay, Miss I-Know-Everything, what about you?"

"What about me?"

"You and Rubble." I look over at the idiot, who has not taken his eyes off of my mouth from the minute he spotted the lollipop to now.