Three

Naomi was convinced that before she reached her 18th birthday she would go grey. Stress was a known cause for turning your hair grey and Naomi was sure this was going to happen to her. All this stress was caused by one fiery ginger who had no self regard. Yet despite the stress it caused her Naomi could not be any prouder of Ginny at the current time. 

Christmas had already passed, with no students returning home for the holiday taking to staying in the castle just in case. She hadn't bothered to celebrate her birthday this time and wasn't sure she would ever feel happy enough to do so again. They were now well into the year of 1998. Yet despite how hard things had become for students, irregardless of whether it was test or the new staff body, nothing had deterred Ginny Weasley from fighting for her cause. Naomi's side was not going to win and the beautiful and spunky girl was going to ensure that. 

Never before, in the long history of Hogwarts, had a student stood up to the staff as much as Ginny and her bunch of rebellious friends had. Never before had such a large-scale operation been performed in the school. The students had taken over part of the school, they had barricaded themselves in the room of requirement to the point where there was no chance a Death Eater could get anywhere near them. No matter their status or intention it was bloody brilliant to witness. 

The most important part of the whole thing Ginny and her friends were doing, was that it protected the younger students. The younger students didn't get any of the barbaric punishments, and they were safe in the room created. It was the one thing that truly reminded Naomi of what side she was on. That the side she was on, irregardless of whether it was by choice or not, was wrong. The mistreatment, the cruel and horrible beatings 'her' side were giving to children was too much, surely, for even the coldest of hearts. The younger students did not deserve the treatment they were receiving from the 'staff'. The Carrow siblings were disgusting people who belonged where they were rotting away in Azkaban. 

The room was not the only thing the young woman had put into place to protect the other students. The only thing was that Naomi was no where near fond of the other protection detail Ginny had happily decided to take upon herself. She could never change her girlfriends mind once she had decided upon something, but watching Ginny volunteer herself in position of the other students every time they were sent for a detention with the Carrow siblings. That would never be something Naomi would be happy to see. Ginny wasn't the only one, other students who had taken over leadership roles of Dumbledore's army, a group Naomi had no clue even existed within Hogwarts walls, took it in turns to volunteer throughout the day until they were all in detention every evening. They would take up to four hours of this punishment a day to protect the younger students. 

"Godric you would believe Weasley would have got the idea to pipe it down for once, got herself another two hours with the Carrow's again tonight. Suppose it's what she deserves for being a bigheaded dimwit." The voice which snapped Naomi's attention back to the Slytherin common room from the daydream she had currently been occupied with belonged to Hawley. Adrian Hawley was a slimy looking 5th Year Slytherin with a rather unfortunate spot that grew time and time again on the end of his nose and was a nasty red rubbed colour. But Naomi supposed he deserved the embarrassing spot for the way he talked about her girlfriend. 

Naomi wanted more than anything to release a rather large sigh at this information, and rub at the space between her eyebrows, but she couldn't at the fear the others would eventually work things out. So she did what she knew best in this situation. Pretend to have a 'normal' Death Eater response and then just leave the room before she said something she would regret. Or sent another student to the hospital wing for saying something rude about the Gryffindor, Naomi had already been warned about the need to 'tone it down' a couple times in regards to her actions with students who bad mouthed Ginny.