Four

Naomi was more than aware that by withholding the truth from Ginny that it would only sour their slowly strengthening relationship. It had taken them through so many twists and turns so far and adding this strain by hiding something would only continue to weigh down upon said relationship. It wasn't like Naomi wanted to do this to her relationship. She never willingly wanted to make her girlfriend feel as though there was such a big secret going on. But she felt as though there was nothing else she could do. 

She so wished she could tell her girlfriend the truth. But she couldn't. It wasn't just the fear of both teenagers failing their task and all of their loved ones being murdered that completely held her back. There was something else. It was most likely the unbreakable vow she had taken, not mind you very willingly, in order to join the task force for their mission. It had included part about keeping it secretive from everyone not in the room at the time. Therefore, Naomi knew it was down to that vow that she could not tell Ginny. Not only was the vow holding her back by holding an inevitable death over her but also her brain was protecting her from such a death. 

But alas now reaching the conclusion that there was absolutely no way she could tell her girlfriend the truth, all Naomi could do was watch. Watch as the red haired witch walked away from her that night. Watch as over the next week Ginny continued to get closer and closer to Harry Potter. The boy wonder. The saviour of the wizarding world. How she clung onto his boney little arms which tried to show he was a keen athlete but with years of malnutrition behind them were nowhere near to being a nice looking sight. How Ginny listened to everything Harry spoke as if it was gospel. How Ginny went even further to ensure she looked good every day, which was something Naomi couldn't believe she could do become even more beautiful, yet Ginny continued to pull away.

Naomi had always held bittersweet feelings towards Harry Potter since the moment she met him. It had been years now and those feelings only continued to grow. The more she watched the so called saviour of the wizarding world grow closer with her girlfriend the more these feelings developed and they developed quickly. If you took away those acts he did as a baby, which Naomi hasted to add on were only really the result of his mothers selfless sacrifice, he was just your average 16 year old. There wasn't much particularly spectacular about him, he didn't have above average grades, sure he could play quidditch but he wasn't the best player the school had ever seen. Yet people seemed to walk around him and treat him as if he was some sort of god. The younger students collected his post, people wrote the essays he couldn't be bothered to do. And the worst thing was that he let him, at first he 'tried' to tell them otherwise before admitting defeat. But Naomi was sure it was all a show anyways. 

Not to mention the way that every single year, without fail, that he would perform some sort of heroic act which continued to push him further into the spotlight of the student body. He had somehow managed to continue that streak since his first year in the school and it only proved to Naomi one thing. No matter how much money she had, no matter how popular she was she would never ever be as loved as Harry was. She wasn't sure she had a single friend other than Astoria who seemed to care for her as much as half of the student body seemed to regarding Harry. 

And now to add salt to the wound created by the boy who lived wrecking down upon Naomi's self esteem. He had taken the one thing she held and cherished so much. He had without even being aware of it, stolen her girlfriend away. The thing Naomi wished for more than anything right now was the ability to go over there and just punch his lights out. Knock him unconscious, take her girlfriends hand and run into the sunset. But alas it would be impossible. For she was the enemy and he was everything good in the world. 

Naomi supposed this could have been how Ginny felt watching her get closer to Draco. Yet Naomi wasn't exactly starting anything that was the slightest bit more than platonic. She never would, she couldn't ever see herself dating someone of the opposite gender yet alone Draco Malfoy of all choices. They would always be strictly platonic.