Ten

For the next few days that progressed Naomi hated that she was giving Ginny false hope. Despite at first attempting to prevent the ginger searching for ways for Naomi not to join the death eaters, she had shortly giving up. She allowed the red haired witch to continue her search whilst holding back the true reasons she would always have to join no matter what scenario they initiated. She knew that there was no way to delay what was going to penultimately happen there was no point in even trying. Since the moment the sorting hat had shouted her house name she was deemed as just another wizard from the Nott family that would eventually turn bad. Might as well let what expectations had been laid out before her to be met. 

After all there was no point trying to change what the stars had set out for her. Talking of stars what she should have been doing rather than watching Ginny attempt to find something to help her, was finish the astrology homework she had been set. It was the last piece which was due before they were to go onto the Christmas break. But alas she chose to continue focusing on Ginny. How her hair was once again thrown in that haphazard high ponytail as she worked, the way that she thumbed through the book her left hand scribbling notes on anything she thought could be useful. These would be the moments that Naomi would miss come the return to Hogwarts in the New Year. For she had yet to inform the other witch that she would no longer be free to continue their relationship when they came back. 

Alas Naomi did what she knew she needed to do and considering she was aware that her astrology homework was going nowhere, she made the executive decision to put away the book she had not even opened thus far. If she truly required them she could come back the next day to use them. She supposed it probably was a good thing she was stood three or four bookcases away from their secluded corner when her older brother came barrelling into the library.

"Ni, quick you must come." Theodore spoke in a rush the volume of his words much louder than what was allowed in the library yet the librarian made no move to silence either sibling. He did not look like he normally did. Rather he was much more dishevelled. His normally neat uniform was out of place his shirt untucked and his tie pushed into one of the top button gaps so it did not hit him whilst he ran. he was also a lot more pale than normal, and that was saying something. His entire appearance screamed that something was wrong, that something had gone horribly horribly wrong. Her first thought that perhaps the day had come already and their father had received the dementor's kiss for his actions. 

"What's happened Theo? What's wrong?" Naomi's words were rushed as she pondered perhaps she should have used her older brother's full name when she spoke. 

"It's Malfoy, he's been cursed by Potter and it's not looking good." Theodore responded. Naomi's stomach dropped, as she pondered whether it could have been her fault that Malfoy had been targeted. Had it somehow slipped that the two siblings were linked to Voldemort and the ties with Draco finally made. Irregardless to this, she panicked nevertheless. The bond between her and Draco had only grown over the summer that they had lived under the same roof. He had taken a pseudo older brother role to her. And she worried for his health and safety. Sure she only considered Theodore her family at the moment but she could feel as though it was only time before she viewed Draco in the same manner. She knew she had to follow her brother to go and see him immediately the only problem was that her bag was still on the chair she had been sat in maybe 10 minutes ago. 

"Okay Theo, I'll meet you outside let me grab my belongings." Her brother nodded to her words before sending a polite nod to the librarian as an apology before heading out of the double doors he had charged through. Naomi attempted to walk her way over to the table she had been sat at without showing the panic she was now feeling. She wouldn't allow those around her to think she was weak at any moment. Grabbing hold of the bag she had left behind Naomi wasted no time in slinging it over her shoulder with the intent to be out of the library as quickly as she could. However, before she could move much further than the table an hand caught her arm and stopped her in her tracks.