Seven

Naomi had finally decided that after three days of being back attempting to avoid Ginny, that today would be the day. The day she acted out to end the relationship in order to prevent Ginny from being harmed purely due to their association. Naomi had realised that she had let it go on for too long now. Every prolonged glance, every moment spent pining over the other girl, was a moment where other around her could work out that something was going on between the two girls. A moment when they could work out that in order to get to Naomi Nott you would need to harm Ginevra Weasley. And if there is one thing that Naomi would never want to have to see if Ginny injured because of her. 

Naomi had attempted to wait for the right time, but it would appear there would be no such thing as the right time to do this. She wondered if there ever was such a thing as the right time to break up with someone. There probably wasn't. But after er talk with Astoria the night beforehand, when the other girl was so so correct, Naomi could not continue like this. If she continued to put it off, Naomi would only be causing Ginny more hurt in the long time. 

Therefore, that morning, after forcing herself out of bed and down into the Great Hall much earlier than she had ever stepped foot into the dining hall, it was going to happen. Naomi headed straight to her own table sitting in a seat which allowed her to constantly have her eyes upon the Gryffindor table waiting for the moment the other girl would appear. All she had to do, was ignore the feeling that was for her to run away in a completely different direction never to do this. Naomi didn't want to do this, not deep down. In fact, deep down, she wanted nothing more than to fight for this relationship. She felt so strongly for Ginny that she was sure at some point it would mould into love. Naomi was sure she could see herself loving the other witch. But she knew that with them both on opposite sides that she would never get to live out what she could see in her own future. 

The weighty package of letters sat in her lap as a constant reminder of what she was to do. It was now or never. Therefore, when the ginger did arrive and take a seat at her own table Naomi took a second to look at her surroundings. It was relatively early still and therefore, very little students were around. This presented as the perfect opportunity. And therefore, ignoring the way her heart screamed at her to not do it, she had to listen to her head, to the logical part. And as her brain controlled her actions, she stood from her seat at the Slytherin table and took one more glance at her best friends. Astoria who had also woken up much earlier than normal, gave Naomi one final look of support. And Naomi took the steps she would need to make her way across the dining hall. Trying to be as subtle as possible, which was basically impossible considering the stack of letters she held. Naomi dropped the parcel full of letters to the side of Ginny knowing that the second the other girl read the final letter that they would no longer be together.

And would probably never be again. 

With that Naomi continued on her path out of the dining room. Half in a mind to head back to her dorm and hide out there for the rest of the day. However, once again her brain won out and encouraged her to head to her first class to ensure the other girl would see that the break up was having no effect on her and therefore, they were incompatible anyways. Even though she was 15 minutes early, Naomi knew she needed. It was necessary to keep Ginny safe. 

Luckily, her first class was not one she shared with the Gryffindors. If she was correct, she was sure the other house had a study period at this hour which ensured that she was as far away from Ginny as possible. Her complete avoidance routine seemed to work for the rest of the day. As she moved from class to class using the back ways, though they might have been longer they ensured no awkward encounters occurred. Though she was sure it wouldn't have been hard as she was sure the other girl was avoiding her too. And this did, but shouldn't have, caused a pang in Naomi's chest. But she was aware that this was what she deserved. After all, it was Naomi initiating it all. 

Rather, it was not until Naomi was heading out on her normal wondering of the castle late at night when the possibility that Ginny avoiding her wasn't for the same reason she had been avoiding the other girl. That it wasn't completely innocent in nature. Instead an unsuspecting Naomi who was only doing her nightly walk around the east wing of the castle, found herself being suddenly and rather harshly pulled into an unused classroom. Her mind went automatically to the old tales she recalled her father telling her when younger. About people who were stolen or pinched in the middle of the night and never seen of again. If only this was the situation.

Opposite to this, Naomi turned to come face to face with a very angry Ginevra Weasley. The girl was angry enough that her face was the same colour as her hair, and that angry tears were rolling down her face. Ginny's sleeves which were pulled up past her elbows only showed how her muscles were tensed and her fists were clenched. Maybe wishing for death would be nicer than what Naomi was about to undergo. 

"How dare you break up with me over letter!"