Five

Despite having tried to install some hope regarding the relationship of her best friend. Astoria hadn't quite let the conversation go. Not that she would have ever told Naomi what she intended to do. Astoria loved the way that Naomi seemed just so much lighter and happier in general when her relationship was going well. And as her best friend it would be horrible if she did nothing to help the relationship which seemed to slowly be crashing and burning. 

Luckily Astoria had not oath of secrecy or spell upon her which prevented her from at least hinting to the Weasley what was the truth behind it all. After all considering she had basically worked it out herself without the need for Naomi to break the oath she had sworn under. She had no intent to give everything away though, mainly because she did not know everything. Astoria probably wouldn't ever truly know the ins and outs of what the two teenagers had been asked to do by the Dark Lord. Yet she would give away just enough to rekindle the relationship between the pair. 

All Astoria had to do to get her plan into action was wait for a shared lesson between herself and Ginny Weasley. Preferably one where she got a moment away from Naomi which wouldn't seem overly odd to do so. The first lesson where it seemed even slightly possible was their third period potions class. Well third and fourth period considering the class was a double. All Astoria did was allow their normal routine, Naomi would set up the cauldron and she would go and collect the materials needed. Just to her luck today Ginny was also collecting the ingredients for her pair. Astoria walked close enough to Ginny to be able to say something but not appear unusual or out of her normal routine. 

"I know what is going on between Draco and Ni. If you want to know meet me before lunch in the unused classroom near Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. The one on the left." Astoria hissed before moving back to her desk with Naomi and getting ready to start the potion written up on the board in front of them. 

Throughout the rest of the class Astoria felt hopeless as she stood on the sidelines looking on at Naomi and Ginny. The pair were absolutely done for. Whilst Ginny didn't seem to turn around to even attempt to catch the Slytherin's eye. Naomi was completely different ,despite barely trying to keep her attention on their work, Astoria caught her more giving out looks of longing to the ginger witch just three tables in front of them. 

The end of the double period never felt like it could come later. The lesson continued to drag more and more and no matter what the two did to keep themselves busy, Astoria could only wish she had stayed in bed that morning and skipped. The second the lesson was over Astoria was more than willing to get out of there away and off for food. But she knew she had something else to do beforehand. She told a little white lie to her best friend about having to stay back to talk to Snape. 

Astoria found herself speed walking to the unused classroom in order to beat the Weasley there. Propping herself up on one of the empty desks she waited for any signs of the Ginger. She was staring at her nail beds when the door opened to signal someone had entered the room. When Astoria finally took her time to slowly look up she was met with the sight of Ginny Weasley stood there with her usual angry scowl. The exact look that all Slytherin's other than Naomi were used to seeing from the Weasley girl. For she seemed to have a very strong prejudice against them assuming they were all good for nothing death eaters. Ironic really considering the girl the Weasley was dating was indeed a death eater. 

"Go on Greengrass, spit it out we don't have all day." Ginny grunted out it wasn't the most flattering sound or look upon the girl. And for a moment Astoria pondered why Naomi still was with Ginny, considering the way she treated absolutely anyone who wasn't considered part of her golden little circle. But she supposed love made you blind to certain things. 

"I'm hesitant to tell you with an attitude like that." Astoria wondered if Ginny was even good enough for her best friend. 

"This is pointless then, you don't want to tell me, I don't really want to be anywhere near you. I'll just go." Ginny went to spin on the balls of her feet and leave the room.

"This kind of behaviour is the reason as to why I don't think you deserve to be with Naomi. You're not good enough for her." Astoria's words seemed to strike a chord in the ginger who suddenly spun back around and marched her way up to the desk the girl was currently perched up upon. 

"What did you just say?" Ginny seethed out in anger allowing her emotions to control her. 

"I can't see what Naomi see's in you. Your personality is nasty and I really don't think you're good enough for her." Astoria repeated adding a little more venom to her words. She was waiting on the response to see if her little test would be passed or not. 

"I'll have you know Naomi is far more than I deserve but I plan to cherish her for as long as she allows me to have her." Ginny expected a different response to what she got. She expected Astoria to cower back slightly perhaps not expecting her words, yet all she was met with was a smirk. 

"Well if that's really the case, you probably wouldn't jump to conclusions and assume she's cheating on you. Draco and her see each other as siblings nothing more nothing less and that would be incest." Astoria rolled her eyes as if the statement she had made was so obvious and such a silly thing to have come up with. 

"You don't know anything you're just pulling my leg." Ginny didn't seem impressed with Astoria's wording or attempts to get across whatever she knew. 

"I know that they're working on some sort of project together. A project you know for the cause." Astoria spoke with an almost detached sounding voice as she watched for the ginger's response to see if she was going to react or not.

"I call bull. There's no way."

"I don't know but if I was he-who-must-not-be-named then I think I would pick the two brightest kids I know to complete the task in Hogwarts walls." Astoria stood from where she was sat, patted the ginger girl forcefully on the chest before heading to the door. Before turning around to say one final thing to the person even though they had passed the test wasn't sure still deserved Naomi's love. 

"Take what I say in whatever way you wish. But do you truly think someone who's favourite book is the Notebook would really cheat and ruin her 'one true love'?"